Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Post war "Klienkampfmittelverbande" clasp !

Article about: Here is my Gold grade Post war "Klienkampfmittelverbande" clasp....not an official 57er award as there was no design change re swastika from the WW2 version. Made by St u L it is a

Default Post war "Klienkampfmittelverbande" clasp !

Here is my Gold grade Post war "Klienkampfmittelverbande" clasp....not an official 57er award as there was no design change re swastika from the WW2 version. Made by St u L it is an early 1960's manufactured award... a lovely matt gold colour with solid hinge and tapered pin. These awards are usually passed over by most 57 collectors, a shame, as it a really cool badge IMO.
    The "K-Verbande" (small battle units) of the Kreigsmarine were formed in April 1944, and are best known for their use of midget submarines and diverse weapons systems, such as the "Spregboots" small speed boats packed with explosives ! On the 30th November 1944 series of special awards were authorised by Grosseadmiral Donitz....seven grades in all, four cloth arm badges and three metal clasps.
    Mine is the Gold grade, awarded for participation in ten or more operations.
    The only difference between the wartime design and the 57er is that the fins on the sawfish on the WW2 versions are smooth and on post war versions they are ribbed.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war "Klienkampfmittelverbande" clasp !   Post war "Klienkampfmittelverbande" clasp !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war "Klienkampfmittelverbande" clasp !
    P
    Many

Default Re: Post war "Klienkampfmittelverbande" clasp !

Nice solid hinge block! Good addition to your collection.