Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........

Article about: Gentlemen, two Italian post war veterans replacement "Medaglia al Valore Militare" (Medal of Military Valour) both these medals are made by St u L, as part of their foreign range o

Default Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........

Gentlemen, two Italian post war veterans replacement "Medaglia al Valore Militare" (Medal of Military Valour) both these medals are made by St u L, as part of their foreign range of awards/medals which ran alongside their 1957 range of medals. Not seen that often, but as many German soldiers were awarded this medal before 1943 they were made available to veterans.............The Gold level being awarded to Erwin Rommel !
    The medal was awarded to military personnel and civilians for exceptional valour in the face of the enemy, there are three grades/levels, Gold, Silver and Bronze.
    The Gold and Silver examples I show, are of the first design of the medal, for the Kingdom of Italy with the coat of arms of Savoy.....there is a 1943-45 design for the RSI (Mussolini's "Repubblica Sociale Italiana") where the coat of arms were replaced by a Roman sword design, and after 1945 the design changed yet again, a "Star in laurel leaves" design being adopted.
    These two medals exhibit a bit of the surface finish "bubbling" associated with the late produced KvK medal, so I must assume these to be late 1070's-early 1980's production...........Also notice the typical St u L jump ring assembly rather than the official italian design "bridge" style ribbon mount....although I believe St u L made that version as well (an earlier version ?).
    Just got to find the Silver version for the set, the Cross of Merit/Valour was also made available to veterans by St u L.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........   Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........  

Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........   Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........  

Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........   Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war "Medaglia al Valore Militare".........
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Steve,

Thanks for showing. I got one a few months ago and have been trying to determine if post war or not.

see mine here...

Italian Medaglia Al Valore Militare

what is the difference between the "jump" and "bridge"

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I think mine is a bridge in that the mount for the ring has two points of attachment for the ribbon to pass thru versus the round ring of yours

Michael

- - ------- - -

I think mine is a bridge in that the mount for the ring has two points of attachment for the ribbon to pass thru versus the round ring of yours

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think mine is a bridge in that the mount for the ring has two points of attachment for the ribbon to pass thru versus the round ring of yours Michael
    Hi Michael, yes I would say IMO yours is an original, but they were made between 1793 and 1943 in that design, but with the condition of yours I would err on the side of WW1-WW2 eras......you are correct on the bridge mount description......
    Prost ! Steve.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Steve.

Info on these medals is difficult to dig up and you rarely see them, so the info you provided here will be a big help.

Michael