Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !

Article about: Gents...I have bought a 57er badge that is considered very rare (reflected in its price !), it is in the post, but I shall show sellers images...."Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heers&qu

Default Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !

Gents...I have bought a 57er badge that is considered very rare (reflected in its price !), it is in the post, but I shall show sellers images...."Ballonbeobachterabzeichen des Heers" (Balloon Observer badge of the Army) Gold grade. Instituted July 8th 1944...very few, if any were physically issued, documents were awarded to those who qualified before the end of the war......it is one of the rarest awards of the TR and indeed of the 1957 period.................................
    It is an early production piece from St u L indicated by the large "O" mark on the reverse, and first style of pin/hinge and catch.... Available in Bronze, Silver and Gold grades, it is highly unlikely due to its late introduction and limited use of balloon observing at the time, that any awards or documents were actually issued for the Gold grade ! But who knows ?
    Here it is.....Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !   Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !

Very cool Steve. Thanks for showing a very rare award (ill take your word for it ) how on earth did you come across it? Inside collector knowledge? If I saw that at a show i would have probably written it off as 4th Reich.

What a great item.
    super rare item,never seen a TR original one.
    chris

Some more photographs.............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !   Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !  

Well done Steve, a great rare beauty! Good luck with the bronze and silver.

Regards,
    Nick

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    Good luck with the bronze and silver. Regards,Nick
    I will need it Nick !.....Thanks everybody for the comments.............
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Lovely badge Steve..& well done for finding it..& a big thanks for showing it. Cheers Terry.

Well Gents it arrived today, here are more photographs of this incredibly rare award in my possession ....note I have elevated its status in my collection !
    Prost ! Steve.

Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !   Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !  

Rare 57er obtained..Very rare !  

Quote by oradour View Post
    Note I have elevated its status in my collection !
    Watch out she doesn't fly away Steve! Great badge and great photos too.

Regards

Groovy Item and thanks for the addition information.