Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Real or fake: 1957 EKII

Article about: Hi everybody. I have just picked this 57er up in an antiques shop this morning for £10, and at that price, I thought, why not. The question is: is it real? It appears to be a three piece con

Default Real or fake: 1957 EKII

Hi everybody. I have just picked this 57er up in an antiques shop this morning for £10, and at that price, I thought, why not.

The question is: is it real? It appears to be a three piece construction, non-magnetic core, with a pin on the reverse. I remember seeing something similar posted by Oradour, which was a St. & L from the 1980's. Could this be something similar?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake: 1957 EKII   Real or fake: 1957 EKII  

Real or fake: 1957 EKII   Real or fake: 1957 EKII  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake: 1957 EKII
    P
    Many

It's a modern-day copy. Notice the rough edges, the material of the ribbon, the texture of the black paint, the dull color of the frame etc. Also, I don't think it is of three-piece construction, either; from the photos, it looks to be one-piece.

Even if it is a copy, I would say that is is a 3 piece construction. Check out the 9 o'clock arm on the obverse, I can get the edge of a £5 note into it. Also, the last picture I posted does appear to show a faint solder line as opposed to a cast marking, but I make no claim to be an expert on these things