Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Recreated "Ordenkissen" or funera pillow.............

Article about: by Eric Zentner Why be shocked as I am in the current funeral biz in the US. I bow to your understanding of these items. I guess I am dumbass on the subject. Ask me anything on the current s

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Why be shocked as I am in the current funeral biz in the US.
    I bow to your understanding of these items. I guess I am dumbass on the subject.

Ask me anything on the current subject.! but this is a order pillow and has nothing to do with a funeral persay.

Eric
    Ok.....someone is in a bad mood. Forget I mentioned it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    this is a order pillow and has nothing to do with a funeral persay.Eric
    Eric, really ? when and where then would an "Ordenkissen" be displayed, other than at a funeral of a decorated soldier ?
    see this excellent thread albeit on another forum, that was instrumental in my decision to make such a pillow up for display...........
    Ordenkissen (Order Pillow) photos! - Photographic Images & Albums - Historical War Militaria Forum
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

I think one of the most famous "Ordenkissen" photos that I can recall is the one carried at Heydrich's funeral service. I would have liked to have gotten a hold of that one, for sure! Naturally, not every fallen man received such an honor of this sort-it was reserved for Very high up officers and heroes. I definitely like the display that Steve made. The jet black pillow is very attractive background for the glittery awards. (and, yes- I like the little tanks as well! lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by oradour View Post
    Eric, really ? when and where then would an "Ordenkissen" be displayed, other than at a funeral of a decorated soldier ?
    see this excellent thread albeit on another forum, that was instrumental in my decision to make such a pillow up for display...........
    Ordenkissen (Order Pillow) photos! - Photographic Images & Albums - Historical War Militaria Forum
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you.

Some post war photos of the 'Ordenkissen' I have on file (thanks to WAF member Sepp).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medals of Albert Kesselring.jpg 
Views:	1755 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	692466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honor Guard for the burial of Konrad Adenauer, 1967.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	692464  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Funeral of Wilhelm Bittrich - the man in the middle is Korbinian Viechte.jpg 
Views:	1465 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	692463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ordenskissen cushion pillow of Franz Halder in funeral ceremony.jpg 
Views:	1776 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	692467  

Name:	CIMG9682.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	692461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	692459  

Name:	Major Hannes Trautloft (2).jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	692465  

Love your display, Steve! Now you've got me thinking of doing something similar...
    cheers, Glenn

Great info guys thanks for setting me straight you learn something new every day

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12