Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Article about: Very nice tunic Steve it appears to have the french style cuffs that I have seen on WW-2 German officer tunics . Regards Mark K

Default Re: new tunic

Tom, nice tunic ! I would date between 1963 to 1970, with having loose french cuffs and rounded shoulder straps, later 60's tunics could have false french cuffs (i.e. just a machine sewn outline).....the badge shown on the right chest is a trade badge for "Personal im Stabsdienst" (Personal trained in Staff Office duties) and is a Luftwaffe only badge....so it will not be original to the tunic, as Fallschirmjager troops were in the BW part of the Heer (Army) and not the Luftwaffe, as in WW2. The 20 year Proficiency badge could be correct as they came out in the early 1970's...if you are going to display 57er awards, attach loops to the tunic, do not pin through as the Proficiency badge is (although this is the correct method of attaching modern BW awards/badges).
    Prost! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show us bundeswehr parade tunics
    P
    Many

Quote by oradour View Post
    Tom, nice tunic ! I would date between 1963 to 1970, with having loose french cuffs and rounded shoulder straps, later 60's tunics could have false french cuffs (i.e. just a machine sewn outline).....the badge shown on the right chest is a trade badge for "Personal im Stabsdienst" (Personal trained in Staff Office duties) and is a Luftwaffe only badge....so it will not be original to the tunic as Fallschirmjager troops were in the BW,part of the Heer (Army) and not the LW as in WW2. The 20 yr Proficiency badge could be correct as they came out in the early 1970's...if you are going to display 57er awards, attach loops to the tunic, do not pin through as the Proficiency badge is (although this is the correct method of attaching modern BW awards/badges).
    Prost! Steve.
    thanks steve ill make sure to add hooks and the trade badge will probably now go on one of my lufty tunics thanks for the help

Tom...yes the trade badge will look good on a LW tunic....remember trade badges (Tatigkeitsabzeichen) came out in the early 1980's, and therefore may not be part of a 1960's uniform grouping.
    Prost ! Steve.

thanks steve very good history as well ill stick it on a get a photo for the parade tunics thread

Default Re: show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Tom, combined New Tunic thread with this thread...for continuity
    Prost ! Steve.

thanks steve didn't know whether to post here or make a new one

Quote by talltom View Post
    thanks steve didn't know whether to post here or make a new one
    No problem Tom, sorted !
    Prost ! Steve.

thanks to steve as pomised here is the Tatigkeitsabzeichen on my lufty 1991 tunic (looks nice)show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Tom.....perfect !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Tom.....perfect !
    Prost ! Steve.
    thanks steve

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast