Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Article about: Very nice tunic Steve it appears to have the french style cuffs that I have seen on WW-2 German officer tunics . Regards Mark K

Default Re: show us bundeswehr parade tunics

nice early feldjager (orange) 1964 tunic to the rank of grefrieter you can see where it did have the piping round the collar (shame its gone now)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4071.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	283182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4072.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	283183

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

and at the same time i have added a loop to my oberst tunic for the infantry assualt badge

Name:	100_4068.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	231.6 KB 
ID:	283184

Quote by talltom View Post
    you can see where it did have the piping round the collar (shame its gone now)
    Tom, the fate of many a piped tunic ! still a nice Military Police service jacket......your Oberst tunic is coming along....is that an RK I see around its neck ?....
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Quote by oradour View Post
    ....is that an RK I see around its neck ?....
    Prost ! Steve.
    well half there its a modern fake until i can get a good one (bit expensive at the moment

i have finally (after an hour and many cusses later) managed to put a monkey bar (no idea on the german name sorry ) on to my oberst tunic

Name:	100_4087.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	290478

god help us if its on back to front

Quote by talltom View Post
    i have finally (after an hour and many cusses later) managed to put a monkey bar (no idea on the german name sorry ) on to my oberst tunic
    The German slang term for an aiguillette is actually something very similiar to "monkey bar": Affenschaukel [= monkey swing].

Now i know something about this i can put it in its rightful place :P

Name:	2012-09-04-474.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	392261

Name:	2012-09-04-476.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	392262

Robert....welcome to the forum and particularly this, the BW sub-forum...what you have is a rather nice post 1970 Bundeswehr Heer (Army) tunic for a "Stabsfeldwebel" (Staff Sgt) of the Artillery, the shoulder board piping and collar patch background colour being "Hochrot" (bright red) which is the arm of service colour (Waffenfarbe) for the Artillery....the "Altgold" (old gold) colour piping around the collar together with the shoulder board metal rank devices show him to be an "Unteroffizier mit portapee" a senior NCO. The tunic would of had an "armshield" on the upper left arm depicting the Brigade/Division he was assigned to...if you look, you may see where one was affixed...also if you look inside the inside pocket lining you will see a makers label..they are usually dated, giving you the year of manufacture. I show the arm of service colours in the BW and an example of a similiar jacket showing the arm shield and various awards you may/can affix to the tunic...BW militaria is now becoming popular in collecting circles.
    Hope that helps, Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	German-Army-Waffenfarben-850.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	392493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI2158.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	392494  

Name:	DSCI2170.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	392495  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Hi, Ahh Brilliant, i got the bit right about being Artillery then :P. Thanks for the write up and the extra pictures. Il have to see about getting some of the patches. I checked the Arm and can't see any signs of any stitching. Theres not even any evidence of anything being attached. I believe that it was probably not issued. Again looking at the manufacture patch on the inside all i can make out is the size (being the same number as the one on the collar) No sign of any dates except a faded 12 stamp next to /70 which may also relate to size. Anyway thanks alot for the info, and if i ever get round to sorting the missing patch on the arm il post it up. Thanks, Rob.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112