Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Article about: Very nice tunic Steve it appears to have the french style cuffs that I have seen on WW-2 German officer tunics . Regards Mark K

Default Re: show us bundeswehr parade tunics

the tunic looks brilliant phil the beret should be an officers version so instaed of metal insignia it should be cloth shown is cloth varient of the anti aircraft
    show us bundeswehr parade tunics

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show us bundeswehr parade tunics
    P
    Many

Hi Tom,
    Yes I really like it and thanks for the advice re the metal insignia on the Beret. I was not aware of that but I am now.

Phil

Phil, regarding the trade badges, further information gleaned "Even junior NCO's and - under certain conditions - "Mannschaften" can be "awarded" trade badges. Depends on their achieved qualification and term of service" so basically you can place trade badges on any BW tunic/shirt ! My Air Defence (not Artillery, different shade of red waffenfarbe) tunic came with its badges......your Officers tunic is a nice example ! Officers do wear "Brstanhangers" as the accompanying photo shows.....your tunic may have a date of manufacture, a label in the inside pocket will give that information...however if the tunic is private purchase, as most Officers were, it will probably show "KKB KOBLENZ" label with no date. However it can be dated, the tunic sports ...Proficiency badge in silver (Leistungabzeichen) worn after October 1980, a trade badge worn from March 1982, this is the regulation date for the wearing of the breast hangers (Brustanhanger) also, II Korps was disbanded in 1992 (It became a German/U.S. Corps until 2002), the tunic is of a post 1970 design...so I would put the date between 1980-1992. The tunic displays II Korps arm shield, therfore its wearer was part of the Korps troops and not part of any other Division/Brigade under the command of II Korps. There was within II Korps an Artillery command "StabsBrigade Artilleriekommando 2" based in Ulm, I show there breast hanger design for that unit......time for a cup of tea !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

Last edited by oradour; 09-11-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Phil, further to above, here is the list of units attached to II Korps within the structure of Artillery Command 2......
    Raketenartilleriebataillon 250 ( Based at Großengstingen )
    Supply battalion 220 SW ( Based at Günzburg )
    Security battalion (Designation number unknown) Drone Battery (Designation number unknown)
    I also show Officers beret badges and a shot of one of the medals on your ribbon bar, the Bundeswehr Cross of Honour in Gold (BW Ehernkreuz) I have no idea on the middle ribbon ! the last ribbon is the DSB German sports association badge in Gold. I would recommend that you find a breast hanger shown in previous post for "StabsBrigade Artilleriekommando 2" although you realise that you will have to remove the reservist slip ons from the shoulder boards, when attached they show the wearer to not only be a "Reservist" but one without portfolio, i.e. no assigned unit. Once you attach a breast hanger, he becomes assigned and the cord slip ons are not worn....see my next tunic for a solution ! Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics  
    Attached Images Attached Images show us bundeswehr parade tunics 
    Last edited by oradour; 09-11-2011 at 11:36 PM.

?

Excellent and informative thread gentlemen I have been away for a couple of days R&R with the wife you have covered a lot of new ground since Friday it would seem.Welcome to the forum Phil your imput is welcome here of course .

Regards Mark K

I shall show my last tunic for the time being, (I am going on holiday for 10 days to Spain), this is a Reservist "Stabsunteroffizier" of the "Heeresfliegertruppe" grey waffenfarbe, displaying the armshield of the "Airmobile Operations Division" based at Veitshocheim, it is a 2002 dated tunic. Notice the cuff titles (same design as Luftwaffe titles but in black not blue) , it displays a Reservist Proficiency badge in Silver (with an "R" intergrated into the badge design) on left breast. The U.S. basic parachute qualification badge on right breast pocket flap below a bronze class (basic) BW parachute badge. A generic reservist breast hanger and twisted colour (national colours) cord slip ons on shoulder boards indicate a reservist without assignment.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

Wow...that is a lot to digest in one sitting. Steve thanks so much for the info, I greatly appreciate it. I am in two minds at the moment. One, keep the reservist cords on and place a generic hanger like your latest tunic shows or go with the first option and try to get a hanger like the one you showed for Artillery Command 2. Maybe option 2 as I cannot see an R integrated into the proficiency badge on my tunic. I know I am a pain but anychance of a close up of the proficiency badge on your latest tunic so I can see this R as I have never seen one. As for the medal bar, I was told the middle medal is a drivers medal (or something like that).
    Also Steve thanks for finding out about the trade badges. I will therefore not hesitate to place such a badge on a stripped down tunic in the future. Thanks Mark for the welcome. I look forward to being a part of this forum but please bear with me as I have a lot to learn.

Phil

Cancel that last request Steve re the close up of the proficiency badge with the letter R. I just saw what you were talking about on ebay whilst searching for a Art Command 2 hanger. I think finding such a hanger is going to be a long drawn out proposal. If it proves to be a needle in a haystack type of situation I may just swap the proficiency badge over with a silver reservist one and a generic hanger.

Phil

?

As do I Phil collecting Bundeswher and Bundesheer are quite new to me as well .

Regards Mark K

Mark in that case we can all learn together. One thing I have so far seen with this forum (unlike others) the atmosphere is friendly and informative. I have seen (particularly with Third Reich items) on some forums where regulars seem to be anything other than friendly to new guys which gets my back up I can tell you. That type of attitude, the plethora of fakes and the high cost of most items are the reasons I have turned away from collecting pre 1945 militaria. Imperial German items are also starting to become way too expensive for the common working man which is why I have taken an interest in the Bundeswehr. Its just a pity there are not some good reference works on the Bundeswehr available. Cheers.

Phil

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast