MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Article about: Very nice tunic Steve it appears to have the french style cuffs that I have seen on WW-2 German officer tunics . Regards Mark K

Default Re: show us bundeswehr parade tunics

HPL you are a marvel thank you so much

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show us bundeswehr parade tunics
    P
    Many

You're welcome! I even found you an image of the hanger in wear (by the school's commander, BrigGen Wolski):
    http://www.hubschrauberzentrum.de/Fo...4%20Wolski.jpg

thank you HPL brilliant photo

tom

hehe it turns out that there is so many bw Verbandsabzeichen they have actually made a book to cover them all

tom

I tell you it really is an asset being able to read German. Try as I might us English speaking only collectors have a devil of a time trying to find information such as you found HPL. Well done. Might be time to enroll in a course on speaking and reading German. I never had this problem when I collected post 1945 items due primarily to wealth of references written in English. Tom I saw that book on ebay and am wondering if it would be a handy thing to have.

thats what i thought for about a min but the price seems a bit much i may see if i can find another one

tom

Gents...another one from my collection...a 1991 dated service tunic for an Artillerietruppe "stabs-unteroffizier" attached to Panzer Artillery Battalion 2 of Panzerbrigade 39, this unit is based at Hessisch Lichtenau, hence the "Hessian Lion" on both the breast hanger and armbadge. The tunic has a silver proficiency badge and medal ribbon for the 1997 Oderflut medaille (1997 Oder river floods) on left chest, and two trade badges, both Bronze, a "Rohrwaffen" and "Versorgungs-Naschschubpersonal" complete with a Dutch Uzi machine pistol proficiency badge (rare), on his right chest. This tunic is as, when purchased, I have added nothing to it. I show an upclose shot of the "Uzzi" badge, when I first got the tunic I had to I.D. this badge, as I had no idea what is was... so I removed and photographed it, then spent a couple of hours trawling the net, until I found it, quite a surprise when I did !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

Gentlemen...a nice, slightly mothed (around the left shoulder/chest region) example of a 1966-69 era "piped" service tunic. Between those dates, BW Army EM/NCO tunics and trousers were piped in arm of service colour around the coller and along the length of the outside of the trousers, this practice stopped in 1969, I am not aware of the reason ! many tunics that were piped, were after that date usually stripped of such piping to conform with the new regulations.....and most were stripped when desposed of when surplus...so to get one with the piping is a bonus (thanks Tom !), mothed or not ! this one is a January 1969 dated EM tunic of the "Technische Truppe" mid blue waffenfarbe, attached to 3rd Panzer Division, note the colour and "French" (double/loose) cuffs. In 1970/71 new tunics were adopted by the BW, light grey (all the same colour) , no cuffs and a more lightweight material was adopted.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

Last edited by oradour; 09-18-2015 at 10:50 PM.

well im glad it arrived (finally) what helmet is that displayed with and opps with the identification the blues look so similar to me

tom

Hi Steve,
    Both beautiful tunics especially the first one. And now I know what that badge is for. Do you have your all your BW tunics on display or are they in the closet?

Phil

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast