Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Article about: Very nice tunic Steve it appears to have the french style cuffs that I have seen on WW-2 German officer tunics . Regards Mark K

Default Re: show us bundeswehr parade tunics

Tom, the helmet is the inner helm or liner (fibre, same as U.S. M1 liner) from the first BW steel helmet which was a clone of the U.S. M1 but formed from inferior steel (soft as s*%"e !) by a small number of German helmet makers such as Schuberth, Romer and VDN...these helmets are rare....I only have the liner from such a helmet, I need the shell !...the M1clone was replaced by the M58 helmet, see here for more information The Bundeswehr M1 Helmet - Page 7 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Phil, I have them on display...on mannaquins or hanging on the wall ! I like to see them, not hide them away.
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show us bundeswehr parade tunics
    P
    Many

Sorry to be a pain Steve but any chance we can see a picture of your display as a whole rather than individual shots.

Phil

Here goes...apologies for any duplicate shots as they overlap ! I need a bigger room !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

show us bundeswehr parade tunics   show us bundeswehr parade tunics  

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, another tunic from my collection...a 1981 walking out service tunic for a "Wachtbataillon" (Guard Battalion) Hauptgefrieter, at this time based in Bonn, the capital of West Germany...this soldat would of had another tunic for parades and official duties, much higher in quality than this one, having bullion cufftitle, hand stiched heavily embroidered arm sheild and removable shoulder boards, this tunic was for everyday and walking out use. The tunic displays a "Gold" Proficiency badge and the Battalions on duty breast hanger, it sports the armbadge for its command by the BMVg (Bundesministerium de Verteidigung) the Ministry of Defence. The"Wachtbataillon" although a BW unit was under the direction and command of the Ministry of Defence and performed protocol operations, to defend and protect the Defence Ministry and members of the Fedral Government, it also performed ceremonial duties for visiting foreign VIP's. It also has an Internationally acclaimed drill team. See here for details of the Wachtbataillon... Google Translate
    Prost ! Steve.
    Cheers Steve
    From this post you've given me some info on mine '99 dated (missing boards)
    Otherwise I know nothing about this one
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-19-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added text

Thanks Steve and I see you suffer from a very common collector complaint. Not enough room. Lovely collection and I admit to being smitten by the same bug. My interests now lie just like yours in both BRD and Imperial German. I am at the moment selling off all (apart from one tunic) of my Third Reich items. the problem I now face is trying to keep my wife's hands off the proceeds until I can reinvest in a few more items. By the way..love the Pickelhaubes.
    Great collection Steve and thanks for showing.

Phil

Tom, thanks for your comments !...I too started out with TR uniforms...I had some beautys ! but lost them in a divorce, eons ago..attempted to start again, but found that I could not afford the prices (or loathed to pay so much !) and that the market was full of repros, so I decided to go down the Imperial route........and then a couple of years ago BW militaria (always had a passing intrest since beinig a small boy !)....reneblacky, thats a great tunic ! quality is way better than my earlier dated one, I think yours is a Parade/Ceremonial tunic and mine a walking out/garrison jacket...the missing shoulderboards, I would purchase some removable shirt/greatcoat examples from e-bay to display on the tunic until correct ones could be sourced.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Very well displayed Steve I see you have used up every bit of room you can most of my collection is still in boxes or stacked in the closet I will be glad when we are done are renovations so that I may give it a room of its own . Iam shur my wife will be happy as well as it will not be scattered through the house and she can just close the door and ignore it all.

Regards Mark K

heres my new tunic arrived yesterday a 1995 dated medic oberstleutenant
    show us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunics

Tom...a stunning tunic, the Colonel equivalent rank within the medical services of the BW is " OberstArt " this OberstArt tunic is displaying the armshield of the "ZSanDBW" which is the "Zentrale Sanitatsdienststellen verschiedene Standorte", the Central medical services of the BW. The tunic displays all the features of a high ranking medical Officer, from shooting lanyard, proficiency badge, sports and life saving medal ribbon bar, to gold grade medical qualification badge, it also displays two U.S. qualification badges, a "marksmanship award" with attached rifle bar, and a rarely seen " Army flight surgeon badge" (a special skill grade 3 award). It is a wonderfully tailored tunic with a handstiched armshield, notice the medical staff and snake motif on the shoulder boards... thanks for showing !
    Prost ! Steve.

heres another a 1977 dated luftwaffe gefreiter ua uniform with silver marksman award this ones nice because i know the history of the tunic and who used it show us bundeswehr parade tunicsshow us bundeswehr parade tunics

thanks

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast