MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Small 57er grouping

Article about: Gents, Recently bought this 57er gouping including a 4-place medal bar and a converted KvK1. Hope you like it! Medal bar with Deumer Ek2, (Deumer) KvK2, S&L Ostmedal and S&L 4 year s

Default Small 57er grouping

Gents,
    Recently bought this 57er gouping including a 4-place medal bar and a converted KvK1. Hope you like it!

Small 57er grouping

Medal bar with Deumer Ek2, (Deumer) KvK2, S&L Ostmedal and S&L 4 year service medal.

Small 57er groupingSmall 57er grouping

Converted wartime Deumer KvK1 with mm '3':

Small 57er grouping

Worn ribbon bar:

A couple of wartime photos of the wearer:

"Zur Erinnerung an manche schöne Stunden mit Dir" [As a memory of many lovely hours with you]; signed "Josef" and dated München [Munich], 9th April 1939.

"Zur Erinnerung an unsere Verlobung" [As a memory of our engagement], written at Straubing in Lower Bavaria. Apparently he was cut out of a wedding photo, maybe so it fits in a photoalbum?

Thanks to Andreas for the translations.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small 57er grouping
    P
    Many

Great set Nick ! from a love struck assault gunner nice Deumer first class KvK with what looks like an original wartime box, , not many here will know that crafty Wilhelm ground the swastika off this wartime produced awards (left overs in the factory) and glued a 57er "1939" disc on top, so that it conformed to the new regulations...notice the same bad deteriorating finish as on a late wartime version ! Great items, great provenance ! The KvK second class is also a Deumer, the Ost and long service are, as I am sure you know, St u L made ...........Its a pity his sports badge was not included.............Nick, any hint of a name ?
    Prost ! Steve.

very nice set of items.

?

Nice gruppen! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the comments guys! I was hoping to find out his name via the discriptions on the reverse of the photo, but can't decipher it. I've asked the seller for more information on him, still waiting for his reply.

He did let me know already he has a few of the wartime awards too and they are reserved for me till I can regenerate funds.

Regards