Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Three new 57' EK's.....

Article about: Ladies & Gents....Three new 57' EK's arrived this morning...two St u L versions an EK I and a II (both nice and frosty) , together with an early 60's made Deumer EK I ! All have magnetic

Default Three new 57' EK's.....

Ladies & Gents....Three new 57' EK's arrived this morning...two St u L versions an EK I and a II (both nice and frosty) , together with an early 60's made Deumer EK I ! All have magnetic cores, the Deumer has wartime hinge and pin, backing plate is deviod of any marks...and has a reversed flat "C" catch...some very early Deumers came with wartime marked backplates, "L/11 & 3"..when these ran out they were forced to have new plates made. The St u L versions are again early, the EK II being very early, having the suspension ring marked with a "4" a wartime left over ! (my second such cross)....the EK I being a little later...say early 1960's with slender pin and new style closed hinge block...see here, these are the sellers photographs he has kindly let me use, thanks Nigel .....enjoy !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three new 57' EK's.....   Three new 57' EK's.....  

Three new 57' EK's.....   Three new 57' EK's.....  

Three new 57' EK's.....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three new 57' EK's.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Three new 57' EK's.....

None of them have the glossy paint, a good sign they are very early. Your Deumer also has the smaller hingblock.
    Very nice additions Steve! Congats.

Regards

Two more new Crosses.....both St u L pieces, one a very early EK I which sports wartime frames, backing plate, hinge assembly and catch, from around 1957-59, with a nicely frosted frame...the other being a late production EK I from around the early 1970's, still has a magnetic core, but as you can see side by side comparisons with the early cross, the quality and care of construction has declined..notice the small "o" mark at 12 o'clock,top front frame..this is to show where the jump ring on a second class was to be affixed ! however IMO still a collectable 57er ! and not the latest EK I in my collection, I have a 1980's version, none magnetic and with a bead blasted appearance !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three new 57' EK's.....   Three new 57' EK's.....  

When I was about 10 yrs old growing up in Germany (1970s), I came across a jewelry shop that had a display of '57 awards...But they wouldn't sell them to me as the saleslady had strict instructions to sell these only to veterans. Wouldn't even sell them to my grandmother, who lost two brothers. Seeing your photos brought back memories, thanks! Glenn

Very nice early EKI with coke bottle pin. Great addition to your collection, Steve!
    The other one is also nice and unusual.

Regards