Become our sponsor and display your banner here

tropen-jacke? or what? anyone?

Article about: Hello, I have this jacket for a while, Budeswehr? post war West German? any "X-purt" opinions? Thanks for help

Default tropen-jacke? or what? anyone?

Hello,

I have this jacket for a while, Budeswehr? post war West German?

any "X-purt" opinions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG01178-20110228-1526.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	186556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG01176-20110228-1526.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	186557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG01177-20110228-1526.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	186558

Thanks for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: tropen-jacke? or what? anyone?

Munchener....it looks at first glance to be a Bundeswehr summer tunic, the Sandfarben tunic, authorised for wear since 1959 in countries with a hot climate, however upon closer examination, it does not conform to the style/cut of such a tunic, its bottom pockets should be boxed as the breast pockets are, I have not seen that method of shoulder strap attachment....some (type 1) Sandfarben tunics did have removable buttons, held on with an "S" ring, but that type of tunic had french cuffs, this one doesnt....the tunic should have a makers label inside, with a date, can you confirm, and if so post photograph...I will reserve judgement until then.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3323.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	186564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandfarben_ZDv_37_10.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	186565  

"The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Munchener, here is an original early Bundeswehr type 1 Sandfarben tunic and its makers label, although similiar to yours it is not the same....I am thinking yours could be French.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

An odd one, with the tunnels for the shoulder straps looking like those from an SS sahariana tunic, but the rest looking vaguely KM or Bundesmarine, though not right, so may be French or ? Doesn't look right for WWII Km issue, but I don't know what it is.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello. I looked at your tunic and I believe it to be Post war Italian. The method if attaching the shoulder boards is the same as mu original Italian tropical tunics. Basically it's a similar cut to the mid to late 1930's Italian tropical tunic.