MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Tropentarn Jacket with Napetape!

Article about: I picked this up at an airshow for \\$20. I was pretty excited since it has the "Germany" patches and Namensschild/name-tape which are almost impossible to find on these modern Bunde

Default Tropentarn Jacket with Napetape!

I picked this up at an airshow for $20. I was pretty excited since it has the "Germany" patches and Namensschild/name-tape which are almost impossible to find on these modern Bundeswehr jackets. There were other BW jackets being sold, but none with name-tapes, so I don't suspect it was put there by the seller. Feel free to post pictures of any BW jackets with name-plates if you have them! -John

Is there any way to get any information on the soldier just by the name-tape? Also, are the "Germany" patches an ISAF thing?

Tropentarn Jacket with Napetape! Tropentarn Jacket with Napetape! Tropentarn Jacket with Napetape!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropentarn Jacket with Napetape!
    P
    Many

Hi Perspectivist, welcome to the BW sub forum !
    Your tropentarn field jacket was a bargain at $20 especially with insignia and velcro insignia base's, extremely difficult to find them with these items fitted, many are "New Old Stock" or used examples and are usually stripped by the BW surplus departments prior to disposal !
    The Name tapes came in around 1979.......unless the unit is known it will be difficult to trace the former owner.
    The "Germany" rockers are not an ISAF addition, they were introduced in the early 1990's when the BW started to Police international hotspots whilst on UN duty, Somalia being one of the first places to see them worn followed by wars in the former Yugoslavia and ultimately Afghanistan....like the name tapes they can be found with Oliv, Flecktarn and Tropentarn backgrounds.
    When I return from my vacation in a couple of weeks I will dig out some of my cammo uniforms with original badges and show...............
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for the warm welcome! That is some interesting information, and yes I did get very lucky with this one. I look forward to seeing your examples.
    -John