Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown lanyard - need help identifying

Article about: Hi everyone, I used to collect military items many years ago and am now getting back into collecting. Many years ago I bought a blue lanyard and I’m really keen to identify what it is. I mig

Default Unknown lanyard - need help identifying

Hi everyone,

I used to collect military items many years ago and am now getting back into collecting. Many years ago I bought a blue lanyard and I’m really keen to identify what it is. I might be remembering incorrectly but when I bought it I believe it was described as from the third reich era (might be wrong here as it has been so long). If anyone could identify what this, what year it’s from and how much it’s worth (not looking to sell but keen to get an idea of its value)

I’ve attached images to help with identifying and would really appreciate any help!

Thanks!

SeymourUnknown lanyard - need help identifyingUnknown lanyard - need help identifying
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown lanyard - need help identifying  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown lanyard - need help identifying
    P
    Many

Seymour,

This is the German Armed Forces Marksmanship Proficiency Badge (Post WW2) for the Bundeswehr. Also known as the Shutzenschnur. It is awarded in 3 classes Bronze, Silver and Gold.

BUT what is puzzling is the color of the cord. Normally for all three classes the cord is silver in color but this looks to be more of a blue color, which I am not familiar with.

The cord looks almost like a US Army Infantryman's blue cord but is too dark.. Someone may have replaced the silver cord for some reason.. There are some members here who have served in the Bundeswehr who may be able to shed some more light on this..

It is an oddity to me.

When I was in the US Army I qualified with the German weapons at Wildflecken, FRG and I was awarded the Bronze Shutzenschnur which this one appears to be...

Smitty

Thanks for the information. Really appreciate that! Interesting that it’s a different lanyard.