Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual 57er wound badge..........

Article about: Gents, new and unusual Gold wound badge received see here...... http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/verwun...me-pin-413185/ I post there as it is of interest to the TR guys as well as here........

Default Unusual 57er wound badge..........

Gents, new and unusual Gold wound badge received see here...... 1957 Gold wound badge with wartime pin ?
    I post there as it is of interest to the TR guys as well as here...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 03-23-2014 at 04:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual 57er wound badge..........
    P
    Many

?

Hmmm, not sure you have the right link....?
    At least, I dont get directed to a wound badge.......

Dud link Steve, it's taking me to a thread about T26 tanks!...

For me it brings me to the gold wound badge page, but then quickly loads a page discussing T26s.

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    For me it brings me to the gold wound badge page, but then quickly loads a page discussing T26s.
    Same here... Must have something to do with the "#post11" part of the link?

Try this: 1957 Gold wound badge with wartime pin ?

PS: Congrats to Steve for his 4,000th post!

Gents, thanks for pointing this out to me ! it does indeed take you to the tank page, no idea why, amended now should be working as HPL2008 link, which is correct in the first instance, sorry guys !
    4000 posts I never realised thanks HPL2008 !
    Prost !Steve.

Another unusual wound badge, I have picked up, appears to be of the Souval design, see images, this one die stamped brass solid back with unusual pin set up on rear......these pin assemblies are seen on a variety of German badges both civilian and military, not seen this on a Souval before, comments please...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual 57er wound badge..........   Unusual 57er wound badge..........  

Unusual 57er wound badge..........   Unusual 57er wound badge..........  

Really nice and interesting BWB Steve! Compared it to your other wound badges, but none of them seem to have the "dots" in the same place (see red marking).

Regards,
    Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual 57er wound badge..........  

Hi Nick, interesting observations, it has been suggested another Austrian maker other than Souval ! but no names..................
    thanks for your input Nick
    These are known varient's of Souvals WB's number 4 is similar in design to the above, have a look............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual 57er wound badge..........  

I admit I'm not a postwar-badge expert, but I'm not terribly fond of that one personally...appears overpainted, lacks detail in the right sword-handle and elsewhere...For a postwar badge it sure looks awful rough and obviously messed with...
    Just my 2 cents, friend!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast