Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Very Angry Right Now

Article about: So I purchased a phenomenal little Deumer mini a few weeks ago off eBay...and have been pretty excited about it for weeks. Package arrives today, and it's an empty envelope...seller stuck it

?

Default Very Angry Right Now

So I purchased a phenomenal little Deumer mini a few weeks ago off eBay...and have been pretty excited about it for weeks. Package arrives today, and it's an empty envelope...seller stuck it into a cheap envelope and didn't use any tape or anything!

I know I've complained about this in the past and it's offended people, by why do so many European sellers just use envelope glue and paper towels padding for packaging?? How much weight does a little bubble wrap and strip of tape actually add? I'm the one paying for shipping.

Now I have to file a PayPal dispute, since I had to pay through PayPal rather direct through eBay, but much more irritating is these pieces are now lost forever!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Angry Right Now   Very Angry Right Now  

Very Angry Right Now  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Angry Right Now
    P
    Many

?

Lost forever or never sent

Its sad to hear about this, but it isn't something just done by European sellers though. Almost as bad - if not worst, is posting an expensive item via the cheapest postal method, instead of using tracked postage with insurance.

?

Maybe not lost ... if stolen.
    If you can feel what is in the envelope!!!

?

It's a very cheap envelope with very cheap glue, and those mini medals would have added some heft to it. How high up the glue is on the tab, very easy for it to get caught on other mail and torn open. When I ship in a padded envelope, I always make sure a piece of packing tape covers the entire seam. Heavy or valuable items ship in a box...I very rarely ever receive mail in a box from overseas.

I understand a box may cost more to ship by other countries postal rates...but when I'm the one footing the bill, that's not a good excuse. I have contacted the seller directly, if it's not resolved I'll use that PayPal buyer protection...but of course I would much rather the items not be lost!

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Its sad to hear about this, but it isn't something just done by European sellers though. Almost as bad - if not worst, is posting an expensive item via the cheapest postal method, instead of using tracked postage with insurance.
    I'm sure it isn't, and I don't want it to sound that way, but it seems pretty consistent with my overseas purchases from eBay sellers. Dealers of course are usually better. Having done thousands of US transactions, I find that it happens far less frequently over here, though there have been a few instances of crap postage here, as well

Were these miniatures sold as originals .... ? They look very cheap and of poor quality to me, it’s as if they are made of plastic.
    If they are originals it’s a shame they’ve been lost, or never sent!

?

The seller wasn't a military dealer...the stickpin is an original Deumer combo with a post-war unit crest the veteran had incorporated onto it. Medals were original too, probably a bit later than the stickpin. Pictures were probably taken with a phone indoors...they weren't the greatest

The Nahkampfspange is mounted upside down, could be a put together.
    Did you see photos of the reverse?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Also all are the 57 version of the awards.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast