Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wachbataillon cuff title

Article about: Any thoughts on this Wachbataillon cuff title gents I aquired it as part of a trade last month from the images I have looked at for comparison it appears to me to be good but I just want to

?

Default Wachbataillon cuff title

Any thoughts on this Wachbataillon cuff title gents I aquired it as part of a trade last month from the images I have looked at for comparison it appears to me to be good but I just want to be shur before I add it to my collection.
    A little information concerning the Wachbataillon courtesy of Wikepedia.

The Wachbataillon is the largest battalion of the German forces with about 1,800 soldiers, split in two garrisons in Berlin and Siegburg. It consists of nine companies (see list below) and belongs to the Streitkräftebasis (Joint Service Support Command) of the Bundeswehr. The soldiers of the Wachbataillon often refer to themselves as Protter or Protokollsoldaten, meaning protocol soldiers.

The primary mission of the Wachbataillon is to perform the military honours for the German president, the German Chancellor, the Federal Minister of Defence and the Inspector General of the Bundeswehr during state visits or on comparable occasions.

In addition the Wachbataillon executes the Großer Zapfenstreich on special occasions (for example on the 50th anniversary of the Bundeswehr in front of the Reichstag in Berlin on the night of October 26, 2005) or takes part in (inter)national events like the ceremonial oath of the Bundeswehr ceremony, parades, military tattoos and shows with its drill team which is the best trained special unit of the battalion.

A secondary mission is to perform (ceremonial) guard duty at the Ministry of Defence and other high profile public places and protect and guard the members of the German government and the Ministry of Defence.

An additional secondary mission is securing and defending the alternate seat of the federal German government in conjunction with forces of the Federal Police. As a direct attack on Germany is no longer an urgent threat since the end of the Cold War, that mission has become obsolete.

Until recently, the Wachbataillon protocol- and security companies only admitted male personnel that have a body height ranging from 1.78 meters (5 ft 10 in) up to 1.93 meters (6 ft 4 in), normal eyesight and body weight and are generally in good health.
    Wachbataillon personnel are not allowed to grow beards and moustaches. Until the end of conscription in Germany, about 80 per cent of Wachbataillon's personnel were conscripts. Since 2009 the 1./WachBtl BMVg staff- and supply company has started to admit female personnel. In the Großer Zapfenstreich for Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg in March 2011,
    The first female soldier was performing the role of torchbearer. In March 2012 the first female officer took command of a platoon of the Wachbataillon.

The soldiers of the Wachbataillon are from all three German Armed Services (i.e. Army, Navy and Air Force) and have the uniforms from all forces at their disposal to be able to perform any drill mission on every occasion.

For reasons of tradition the Wachbataillon is the only unit of the Bundeswehr still using the Karabiner 98k because the traditional Prussian rifle drills can be executed better with that historical weapon. In 1995 remaining Swastika and other Nazi-era markings were removed from these rifles, after criticism regarding the presence of such symbols on Wachbataillon kit by the SPD parliamentary party.

During normal day duty the Wachbattalion uses the Heckler & Koch G36 assault rifle and other kit like the other units of the Bundeswehr. The 1./WachBtl is the last unit in the Bundeswehr using ten Feldhaubitze 105 mm guns in the role of salute guns.

The silent drill team of The Citadel, The Summerall Guards, models its close-order drill routine after Wachbataillon's.

TraditionThe Wachbataillon has been granted exemption of the Traditionserlass and is thus continuing the tradition of the 1st Foot Guards and the Infantry Regiment 9 Potsdam.
    Veterans of these regiments are joined with active and former members of the Wachbataillon in the Semper Talis Union

List of Wachbataillon's companiesCompany Duty of company Arm Stationed in
    1./WachBtl BMVg Staff- and supply company Army Berlin
    2./WachBtl BMVg Protocol- and security company Army Berlin
    3./WachBtl BMVg Protocol- and security company Army Siegburg

I did find it very interesting that they still use the Kar-98 as a drill weapon for ceremonies !

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wachbataillon cuff title   Wachbataillon cuff title  

Wachbataillon cuff title   Wachbataillon cuff title  

Wachbataillon cuff title  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wachbataillon cuff title
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wachbataillon cuff title

Mark....these are far as I know are not being reproduced, there are buckets of them on the market, at a cheap price...so it would not be profitable for some one to copy...as yet ! The title you show is a perfectly good example of an embroidered other ranks title...black background for Heer, dark blue for Luftwaffe, not sure on colour for Marine contingent..gold on blue/black ? as I do not collect Marine items.....Officers and ceremonial cufftitles were "bullion" type. I show "Wachbataillon" items from my collection.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wachbataillon cuff title   Wachbataillon cuff title  

Wachbataillon cuff title   Wachbataillon cuff title  

?

Default Re: Wachbataillon cuff title

Thanks Steve it was part of a large grouping of items I received I figured on it being OK but knew you were the man to ask.
    I will post some of the other Bundeswehr Items tonight or Sunday morning .

Regards Mark K