Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

west german motor cycle waterproofs?

Article about: I came across this set of waterproofs at a market recently but i am struggling to work out what they actually are? i thought they may be some kind of west german motorcycle waterproofs due t

Default west german motor cycle waterproofs?

I came across this set of waterproofs at a market recently but i am struggling to work out what they actually are?
    i thought they may be some kind of west german motorcycle waterproofs due to the reinforced seat etc, but cant find anything that looks similar.
    Any ideas/thoughts appreciated.

west german motor cycle waterproofs?west german motor cycle waterproofs?west german motor cycle waterproofs?west german motor cycle waterproofs?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement west german motor cycle waterproofs?
    P
    Many

any ideas gentlemen?

sorry to bump, but any ideas?

Looks to be East German based on the button style. NH

I agree with Neil...East German. The buttons, rear pockets, and the dark collar lead me to believe this...
    cheers, Glenn

Neil and Glenn are right; the uniform is East German.

These grey two-part combinations of coated Dederon material were introduced in the first half of the 1960s and issued to tank crews, technicians and drivers.

(Info as per Militärische Uniformen in der DDR 1949 - 1990 by Klaus-Ulrich Keubke & Manfred Kunz.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Neil and Glenn are right; the uniform is East German.

These grey two-part combinations of coated Dederon material were introduced in the first half of the 1960s and issued to tank crews, technicians and drivers.

(Info as per Militärische Uniformen in der DDR 1949 - 1990 by Klaus-Ulrich Keubke & Manfred Kunz.)
    Andreas is always right. I own the tops of one of these, rendered in DDR Elaste und Plaste and they biodegrade into a smelly goo.
    I bought all the DDR/NVA things I could at the time, even in front of the Brandenburg Gate from the real persons.
    I have many, many friends in Saxon-Anhalt, Brandenburg and Saxony.
    I found Saxon dialect spoken by fetching local women highly pleasing.

Got a laugh at that one, FB...I speak Hochdeutsch and Lampertheimer Platt (Hessian dialect), but that Saxon dialect is atrocious to our ears, and not always so easy to understand either, lol...Although Cologne's "Koelsch" is a linguistic challenge as well, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Andreas is always right. I own the tops of one of these, rendered in DDR Elaste und Plaste and they biodegrade into a smelly goo.
    I bought all the DDR/NVA things I could at the time, even in front of the Brandenburg Gate from the real persons.
    I have many, many friends in Saxon-Anhalt, Brandenburg and Saxony.
    I found Saxon dialect spoken by fetching local women highly pleasing.
    Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Got a laugh at that one, FB...I speak Hochdeutsch and Lampertheimer Platt (Hessian dialect), but that Saxon dialect is atrocious to our ears, and not always so easy to understand either, lol...Although Cologne's "Koelsch" is a linguistic challenge as well, lol...

As a natural born Bavarian, I cannot help but wholeheartedly agree with Glenn. Although Friedrich-Berthold has a point there... an attractive woman speaking Saxon does indeed make it somewhat more bearable even to my Southern ears.

Ah, the joys of German dialects and the rivalries and communication problems of their speakers... During one meeting at work, I was seated between a colleague from Speyer (= Palatinate dialect) and one from Hannover (= pure High German) who agreed that some matter would need further discussion. The dialogue went something like this:

Mr. Speyer: I'll give you a call.
    Mr. Hannover: But try to talk Hochdeutsch then, for the love of God.
    Mr. Speyer (amused): Right, our Pälzisch can be a bit hard to understand sometimes, eh?
    Mr. Hannover (drily): Ah. I thought it was Klingon.

By the way (in a bit of shameless self-promotion), I started collecting DDR material (so far, badges) only a year ago. If it is of interest, the material can be found here:

Some DDR badges

Reminds me of a situation in Berlin a few years ago at the tattoo convention, a Swiss (German speaking) guy was trying to make himself understood to a Tattooist from Berlin, the tattooist was shrugging his shoulders and saying "ich verstehe nicht", I asked the Swiss guy if he spoke English which he did and i ended up translating using my very poor German.
    Strange that the tattooist could understand my schoolboy German but not the Swiss German dialect!...