Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What do I have here????

Article about: Found this "German" cap at a disposal store, can anyone shed any light on it.... Also found 2 Wachbattalion jackets....20 bucks each!!! wire insignia, just missing the epaleupts. C

?

Default What do I have here????

Found this "German" cap at a disposal store, can anyone shed any light on it....

Also found 2 Wachbattalion jackets....20 bucks each!!! wire insignia, just missing the epaleupts. Can anyone tell me what type would be worn on these jackets??

Buttons have a marking similar to the Assman mark

Thanking you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have here????   What do I have here????  

What do I have here????   What do I have here????  

What do I have here????   What do I have here????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do I have here????
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do I have here????

Hi Tony, the cap is actually Belgian Navy.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade, had my doubts it was german, but though bugger it......im sort of impulse buying stuff for cheap as at this store as it comes in, just in case. The bloke said the german stuff is so cheap because no one buys it!, they buy all the brit and US disposal stuff

?

Oh well I now have a belgian navy cap! will go well with my growing post war collection, which has just crept up on me without me noticing!

Actualy., now I look at it, I suppose the FN should have given it away.....As we had the SLR, and that was called the FN FAL, made in belgium.......still a nice cap to have
    Last edited by qotd; 05-18-2011 at 09:05 AM.

qutd.....as Ade has said on the cap....the tunics, however are a different story.... see this thread from another site that will explain all, Wachbatallion Jacket - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums ....
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by qotd View Post
    Oh well I now have a belgian navy cap! will go well with my growing post war collection, which has just crept up on me without me noticing!

Actualy., now I look at it, I suppose the FN should have given it away.....As we had the SLR, and that was called the FN FAL, made in belgium.......still a nice cap to have
    Note the cockade, too: The sequence of the colors (from center to outer circle) on German cockades is black - red - gold (yellow); on Belgian ones it is black - yellow - red.

The "Z.M." on the cap tally stands for "Zeemacht", which is Dutch for "Navy"; the "F.N." for "Force Navale" which means the same in French.
    (Both Dutch and French are official languages of Belgium, hence the billingual abbreviation.)