Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think about this RK 1957?

Article about: Hello guys, I found that one a few days ago, still for sale. The seller says that is an Steinhauer & Lück from 80's...non magnetic...and the last question is about the prices of this lat

Default What do you think about this RK 1957?

Hello guys, I found that one a few days ago, still for sale. The seller says that is an Steinhauer & Lück from 80's...non magnetic...and the last question is about the prices of this later examples.

Thanks for your opinions in advanced.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think about this RK 1957?
    P
    Many

It is indeed a late 57er St u L RK....a so called "D" frame, with its sand blasted matt finish frames, much later than the 80's IMO more like the late 90's/early 21st Century , the long suspension loop is typical of these very late RK's IMO the "800" has been added, never seen a 57er period "800" marked one before, and it looks like rust on it more than tarnish ! Its core has been repainted, the case is modern fake....worth about half (if that) of a correct cased "D" framed RK which can go for around £100+
    Prost ! Steve.

Many thanks Steve! You're comments are very helpful at all as always. Because the seller asks 400 euros for it...
    I've found another two examples of 1957 Knights Cross, can you help me again identifying if they're fakes or original ones?
    Your opinions are needed.
    Cheers, Raul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think about this RK 1957?   What do you think about this RK 1957?  

What do you think about this RK 1957?   What do you think about this RK 1957?  

And the other one...The seller is asking 600 euros for each one...so expensive?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think about this RK 1957?   What do you think about this RK 1957?  

Hi Raul,

Last cross is another late "D"-frame, same as the first one. Second RK is a nice 2nd pattern "C"-frame, the earliest and most interesting of the lot, but overpriced!

I'd say €150 for a cased "D"-frame and €300 for a 2nd pattern "C".

Regards,
    Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your comments. I'm going to buy that "C" frame asking to the seller for a discount of the price, let's try.

Cheers

Quote by sepulhead View Post
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for your comments. I'm going to buy that "C" frame asking to the seller for a discount of the price, let's try.

Cheers
    To be entirely sure, ask the seller if the core is magnetic. You also might want to ask if he could switch the ribbon from the last RK with that of the "C"-frame, its current ribbon is fake.

Can't really comment on the loop as the pics aren't good enough, but if you're planning of buying a nice set of OL(S) later on.....there's no harm done I think.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Nick
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 11-24-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Ok, here I have new and better photos from that one of the "C" frame...still genuine? I have dougbt about the bad assemble of the frames and the poorly finished ring......All opinions are welcome! Thanks in advanced

What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?What do you think about this RK 1957?

The poorly finished öse is often the case with postwar St&L RKs, it all depends on the time period and who finished a particular cross that day. This RK is still a good "C"-frame IMO, however from the pics you can see the frames have started to seperate.

My advice would be to wait for another one, cheaper and in better condition. Let me know if you need any help.

Regards