Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Women in the Bundeswehr.

Article about: Gentlemen, a short history of the role of the female gender in the Bundeswehr....Women in the Bundeswehr have served in the medical branch since 1975, and from 1993 to 2000, they were also a

Default Women in the Bundeswehr.

Gentlemen, a short history of the role of the female gender in the Bundeswehr....Women in the Bundeswehr have served in the medical branch since 1975, and from 1993 to 2000, they were also allowed to serve as enlisted personnel and non-commissioned officers both in the medical branch and the army bands. In 2000, in a lawcase brought by a Tanja Kreil, resulted in the European Court of Justice issuing a ruling that allowed women to serve in more roles than previously allowed. Since 2001 they can serve in all service branches without restriction, and they are not subject to conscription. There are presently around 14,500 women on active duty and a number of female reservists who take part in all duties including peacekeeping missions and other operations. In 1994, Verena von Weymarn became Generalarzt der Luftwaffe ("Surgeon General of the Air Force"), the first woman to reach the rank of General in the armed forces of Germany. Enjoy the photographs.
    Prost ! Gentlemen, to the fairer sex ! (especially when they are carrying a Heckler & Koch !)Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Women in the Bundeswehr.   Women in the Bundeswehr.  

Attached Images Attached Images Women in the Bundeswehr.  Women in the Bundeswehr.  Women in the Bundeswehr.  Women in the Bundeswehr. 
    Last edited by oradour; 07-28-2011 at 01:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Women in the Bundeswehr.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Women in the Bundsewehr.

Gents, here is my Female Grey service jacket the "Dienstanzug", for a Obergefreiter of the Sanitatstruppen (Medical Corps), from the period 2000-2005, displaying the armshield of "Sanitatskommando II" based at Diez/Lahn. Also displayed on the tunic is a Bronze Proficiency badge (Leistungsabzeichen), a trade badge (Tatigkeitsabzeichen), silver class for Sanitatspersonel (Medic), and a single ribbon bar for the Kosovo conflict. Note the cut of the jacket, which IMO flatters the female form ! no breast pockets only full patch pleated hip pockets, nips and darts here and there...it fits my wife, if only I can persaude her to wear it !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Women in the Bundeswehr.   Women in the Bundeswehr.  

Women in the Bundeswehr.   Women in the Bundeswehr.  

Last edited by oradour; 06-21-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gentlemen, a short history of the role of the female gender in the Bundeswehr....Women have served in the medical service since 1975. From 1993 to 2000, they were also allowed to serve as enlisted personnel and non-commissioned officers in the medical service and the army bands. In 2000, in a lawsuit brought up by Tanja Kreil, the European Court of Justice issued a ruling allowing women to serve in more roles than previously allowed. Since 2001 they can serve in all functions of service without restriction, but they were not subject to conscription. There are presently around 14,500 women on active duty and a number of female reservists who take part in all duties including peacekeeping missions and other operations. In 1994, Verena von Weymarn became Generalarzt der Luftwaffe ("Surgeon General of the Air Force"), the first woman ever to reach the rank of general in the armed forces of Germany. Enjoy the photographs.
    Prost ! Gentlemen, to the fairer sex ! (especially when they are carrying a Heckler & Koch !)Steve.
    Superb stuff!!! And i have to say love the comment regarding the Heckler & Koch as one guy in the Dutch Army remarked that his men were afraid of using the H&k G3 because it often inflicted injury such as black eyes and sore shoulders yet the girls of the West German Army used them with no problems!!! I find the West German metal insignia most interesting too so thanks for showing these images. Regards, Tim Heath.

Thanks for that Tim ! always a forgotten area of the military, the women of any armed forces, they deserve recognition and discussion in my book ! As for the "metal insignia", I was quite amused the other day, when I found out that the men of the Bundeswehr often refer to the junior rank insignia on the shoulder straps as " French Fries" ! for obvious reasons.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Thanks for that Tim ! always a forgotten area of the military, the women of any armed forces, they deserve recognition and discussion in my book ! As for the "metal insignia", I was quite amused the other day, when I found out that the men of the Bundeswehr often refer to the junior rank insignia on the shoulder straps as " French Fries" ! for obvious reasons.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Nice one Steve! I particularly the West German Para badges and have a couple in my collection-Para and i think Para Recon. The good thing is its still a cheap field of collecting at this time and youre right often overlooked especially the female soldiers. The Germans are some of the best as they are a nation so used to fighting that its natural to them. Lol like the reference to the 'French Fries'! Cheers, Tim.

Default Re: Women in the Bundeswehr.

Gentlemen, my second womans BW service tunic....that of a Gefrieter UA (NCO Candidate) of Logistics Battalion 142 (Garrisoned at Basepohl in Pomerania) part of the Panzergrenadier Brigade 41. The tunic is dated 1993. The tunic displays a trade badge for a "Technician" bronze grade, a bronze proficiency badge and a "Kosovo" single medal bar. Prost ! Steve.

Women in the Bundeswehr.  
    Last edited by oradour; 07-28-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Beautiful German women and German uniforms... two of my favorite things.

Nice post, Steve. This is a subject that I would love to get a German WWII vet's opinion on.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Beautiful German women and German uniforms... two of my favorite things. .
    I could not of said it any better ! ...of course they dont have to be German ! (the women that is !)
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents...another Female soldiers tunic, that of a Feldwebel of Panzertruppe.....Panzerbrigade 12.
    Prost ! Steve.

Women in the Bundeswehr.  

Some more shots of women in the Bundeswehr........having just passed the physically demanding Mountain Guide course, and obtaining her "Heeresbergführer" award is Oberfeldwebel Beatrice Soyter of "Gebirgsjägerbrigade 23", here being presented with her award by Brigadegeneral John Lanenegger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Women in the Bundeswehr.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast