Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar......

Article about: Gentlemen, my latest medal bar, from a WW2 veteran and member of the VdK, an organisation formed in Germany just after the war to help and assist victims of the war both military and civilia

Default WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar......

Gentlemen, my latest medal bar, from a WW2 veteran and member of the VdK, an organisation formed in Germany just after the war to help and assist victims of the war both military and civilian, today it is an organisation which represents social justice and the disabled, with "Landesverband" (sections)all over Germany, now called the "social VdK e.v." this particular set was owned (name sadly not known) by a member of the "Landesverband Hessen" it has three medals, two of which are the organisations service awards in both Silver and Bronze, I do not know anything, nor can I find anything out about these medals, award criteria etc etc....if anyone knows, please enlighten me !
    It is the third medal that I am most interested in, it the German made "Croix du combattant de l'Europe" I have the French version, more commonly encountered and of a slightly different design, made by Deumer and so marked on the rear.
    I would imagine the other two VdK medals are also by them, but are not marked as such........a nice unusual set of medals, with an obvious veteran link.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar......   WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar......  

WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar......   WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar......  

WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar......
    P
    Many

What a wondeful piece, a deumer marked combatant cross on a bar!WW2 veterans VDK Medal bar...... Very nice and also rare acquisition Steve, congrats!

Regards

Congratulations on your purchase of this attractive and uncommon piece; nice to see it has found a good home.

I had noticed that bar on ebay, and found the VdK medals interesting, as I had never heard of that organization issuing wearable medals.

I had tried to find more information on them as well, but found nothing, either.

Congratulations Steve on a super addition. Sorry, I can’t offer any useful information, but do want to thank you for sharing with us via nice clear photos.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

My German grandmother lost two brothers in the war and was a lifetime member of the VdK, living in Lampertheim/Hessen...She received a few stick-pins, I believe...The medals are a first for me as well, but quite nice, and I've learned something new today, lol...Thanks for showing, well done!
    cheers, Glenn