Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Article about: Friedrich - on the inside top of my Kepi I can read 'Wasser......" which i guess reads wasserdicht or waterproof, there is also other lettering but well worn so unable to read.Looks lik

Sorry, I meant to quote our good friend, Mr. HPL2008.

It is definitely "EIGENTUM DES LANDESTHEATERS GOTHA".

Seeing his words, I can definitely see it quite clearly.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Let me fill in the blank. It says "EIGENTUM DES LANDESTHEATERS GOTHA" = "Property of the Landestheater Gotha".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi for Review and Comment
    P
    Many

Quote by Arran View Post
    I remember the two kepis when they were on the ROR website, and liked them both from the start. I've only ever owned one kepi- an officers' one with alu piping around the crown- and it bore certain similarities to some of those presented here, in that the lining was black, and the side lining was finely pleated. If I can find pics, I'll post them...
    I also recall the kepis from that site. They were discovered among the costume properties of an old theater that had been in East Berlin. There was also an officer kepi of similar construction. I had it sent to me and was disappointed to find the officer crown piping was added at some time after the kepi was made, which was not the manner in which the piping was installed in period. Likely, it was done in the costume department as the kepi was genuine. Sadly I had to return it and the boys at ROR got upset with me and we have not had any dealings since.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I also recall the kepis from that site. They were discovered among the costume properties of an old theater that had been in East Berlin. There was also an officer kepi of similar construction. I had it sent to me and was disappointed to find the officer crown piping was added at some time after the kepi was made, which was not the manner in which the piping was installed in period. Likely, it was done in the costume department as the kepi was genuine. Sadly I had to return it and the boys at ROR got upset with me and we have not had any dealings since.
    Thank you.

SS Kepi for Review and CommentSS Kepi for Review and Comment
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Kupper made such objects, but this surely is not one of them, as, I think, you yourself already know.

The published works by Bender and the Schiffer contain enough authentic images of these items to make a swift and certain determination.

Whammond did have a real Kupper Shaftmuetze for sale several years ago, and I have the image somewhere.

This is a very odd piece.

Whammond also had a very carefully made, post war kepi, too, from Mueller, with Mueller post war locale on it. It was a frightening piece. Yours is not, by contrast.

Here is the object in question, the ex Whammond Kupper cap, as it has reappeared via Shea. I do not doubt its authenticity.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-01-2014 at 05:37 PM.

You wait long enough, and these things reappear.

SS Kepi for Review and CommentSS Kepi for Review and CommentHere is the Whammond image (left and prior to 2003 or so....), and notice that the badges have been altered.....

Pretty normal with SS headwear.

SS Kepi for Review and CommentSS Kepi for Review and CommentSS Kepi for Review and Comment
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS Kepi for Review and CommentSS Kepi for Review and CommentHere is the Whammond image (left and prior to 2003 or so....), and notice that the badges have been altered.....
    Here is said cap closer to home. It is very real, even if someone switched the badge.

SS Kepi for Review and CommentThe only thing I cannot fathom with this item is that it lacks the normal Kupper 360 degree gusset and or textile piece as seen in this kepi of mine that went to Bob Coleman.

All the same, if Whammond, Shea, and Delich like it, then I like it, too.

Thank you much. True history. Underappreciated item of TR headgear. Iconic treasure to behold !!

I Thank you again Friedrich, and Stone Mint

David
    Last edited by real steel; 08-05-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast