Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help

Article about: Hey guys, well i have posted a few threads on trades for my Luftwaffe dagger. This is what i had my mind set on for the trade for a few weeks but i need your opinions. As most of you know im

?

Default 1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help

Hey guys, well i have posted a few threads on trades for my Luftwaffe dagger. This is what i had my mind set on for the trade for a few weeks but i need your opinions. As most of you know im traiding him my 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger with no scabbard. The helmet includes the goggles but no cufftitle .
    What do you guys think?
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help   1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help  

1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help

From the outside I would say fine but a picture of the inside will help to confirm that

?

Right now i do not have the inside pics, i will try to get some later on.
    Thanks For your Help
    Ryan

looks ok to me Ryan.

An original 1st pattern Heer, though it would be nice to see underneath to make sure it is not marked made in Germany and close ups of the insignia would be good to make sure they are original and have not been replaced. The helmet is a bit battered and stained so should be fairly cheap for one of these.

I would not worry about the Afrika cufftitle as it is a copy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, from the outside, i would say the helmet is a good one but as stated an inside photo is necessary to confirm.
    Construction pattern looks correct and chinstrap is correct.
    The shield is a toned heer or Kriegsmarine but im leaned to an heer one.
    Cannot speak for the cuffband as i have no experience on them.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    The shield is a toned heer or Kriegsmarine but im leaned to an heer one.

Cheers
    Nuno
    KM shields do not have a raised border to them, so they are Heer and also the green leather trim to the edge -and the chinstrap- is Heer, whilst KM would be brown. The question with the shields is twofold, a) are they original and b) have they been replaced.

Also good when looking at the underside to see if the pins for the shields look to have been untouched and also to see if the condition underneath is similar to the top and is caused by use wear rather than poor storage, as a good used example is better than a badly stored example IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    KM shields do not have a raised border to them, so they are Heer and also the green leather trim to the edge -and the chinstrap- is Heer, whilst KM would be brown. The question with the shields is twofold, a) are they original and b) have they been replaced.

Also good when looking at the underside to see if the pins for the shields look to have been untouched and also to see if the condition underneath is similar to the top and is caused by use wear rather than poor storage, as a good used example is better than a badly stored example IMHO.
    You know more than i Jerry

Just for ref purposes, some KM shields. And the rarely seen in used condition KM reissued Italian sun helmet (m1918 2nd model) with the even rarer variant KM shields without pebbling.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help   1st Pattern Heer Pith Helmet Help  

Regards,

Jerry