Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Signals Visor Cap - Eagle?

Article about: I will be adding this cap from a well known dealer to my collection pretty soon I do like what I see and how it looks. The only thing that stands out at the moment is the strangly shaped eag

?

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    Militariaplaza is a fine seller and trusted. You don't have to question the authenticity of their items.
    I know I've dealt with them before, and i absolutely trust them. But with the question I had I thought better to be sure

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Signals Visor Cap - Eagle?
    P
    Many

100% ok.

Im sorry, and hate to go against the experience, but in the large photo, i see what seems to be seams, and some other metal near feet and swastika that just does not look right, If the experts say good, Ade, Mint, and others, Im sure its good, just strikes me as "funny" we are all here to learn and share Thank you.

?

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Im sorry, and hate to go against the experience, but in the large photo, i see what seems to be seams, and some other metal near feet and swastika that just does not look right, If the experts say good, Ade, Mint, and others, Im sure its good, just strikes me as "funny" we are all here to learn and share Thank you.
    Kevin, no need to apologize for offering an opinion that goes against the grain. It's always good to challenge and spark debate.

The areas you see are completely normal for this type of aluminum eagle. If you look at some of the photos the OP provided you'll see that the eagle has been bent a bit. The Swastika appears to even be bent outward slightly. You're simply seeing the edges of the Swastika. I've seen this before where the wings are bent backward to create a unique look.

M4l700, you should have no reservations about this cap. If you do buy it, I would leave the eagle's wings alone (in my opinion). Although the soft aluminum would be easy enough to reshape it was likely done by the original owner (IMHO) and should remain as-is.

Dzyner

Quote by m4l700 View Post
    It's a private purchased cap.
    Nice cap but I believe it is a contract piece.

Cap and insignia are 100% period original.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2