Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Afrikakorps Schiffchen REAL or FAKE

Article about: I already asked this question on another forum but I bought this sidecap some years ago and after I was told that it is fake I stopped collecting militaria. Could somebody confirm to me that

?

Default Afrikakorps Schiffchen REAL or FAKE

I already asked this question on another forum but I bought this sidecap some years ago and after I was told that it is fake I stopped collecting militaria.
    Could somebody confirm to me that it’s fake or surprise me that it’s real ?
    Any help is appreciated.
    On the inside is written:Hermann Berlin sw 86 And a big 58
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorps Schiffchen REAL or FAKE   Afrikakorps Schiffchen REAL or FAKE  

Afrikakorps Schiffchen REAL or FAKE   Afrikakorps Schiffchen REAL or FAKE  

Afrikakorps Schiffchen REAL or FAKE  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrikakorps Schiffchen REAL or FAKE
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is indeed a fake. Always ask for opinions first before you buy otherwise it's gonna be a disapointment all the way long, especially if your knowledge is limited. As you said you stopped collecting, it should not bother you anymore i guess.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Not what I like to hear but thanks for the confirmation. You are right that I should have asked for opinions but I sadly learned the hard way to not believe anything the seller is saying. It still bothers me because it was a present for my 14th birthday and during that time 300 euros was a lot of money and the seller knew that I was this young and that I will get it as my birthday present.

CBH
    ?

All collectors have been burned at one time or other. When I started collecting we didn't have forums to ask questions, or to review photos of items. But if you have that luxury and can ask before you buy. This is a difficult hobby but it can be rewarding if you take your time.

?

Yes I know. That’s why I want to get back collecting but this time I’ll ask every time before I buy something.

You've come to the right place to help keep you on the straight and narrow. This forum is an invaluable resource for every collector, young and old, experienced and inexperienced. It's saved me hundreds over the last few years, possibly even thousands, and I'm sure the same is true of most people here.

Once bitten, twice shy. After this, you aren't likely to make the same mistake again. You learnt that lesson at great cost, but it will prove invaluable in the long run. Post before you buy, and if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Regards, B.B.

not good to me ! Sorry