Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!

Article about: Opinions, it's from a friend, not for me, he needs help! Thanks !

Default Re: Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!

Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!The spelling is Allgemeine SS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!
    P
    Many

Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Though supplanted by other uniforms, the black uniform was worn by all branches of the SS more or less until the outbreak of the war, and the black uniform remained in use beyond what stands in English language books.
    The Allgemeine SS remained in existence in wartime, though at reduced strength. The photo is of Heydrich's funeral in the summer of 1942, a time at which the English language secondary works suggest that the black uniform was gone.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-26-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!The black uniform was manifestly not all pulped, pulverized, recycled or fully discarded, because some still exist.....

Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Notice fuzzy piping in what is a wholly authentic peaked cap with patina from an old guard leading collector.

Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!fuzzy piping, redux. Ex Mollo, Ex Chapman, Ex Jenkins collections, also illustrated in noteworthy books....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-26-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Allegiemene SS Officers Visor REAL!?!Fuzzy piping redux

?

I am not liking the cap, the velvet band and the piping doesn't look right. I don't have that much knowledge on caps but if it were me I would pass, it doesn't shout authentic to me. The cheap price and the fake skull also raise alarm bells.

Thanks, Pat

P.s. Special thanks to FB for sharing pictures of authentic material and more. Amazing reference from one of the best scholars of the hobby.

The grey cap is likely a fake. I say "likely," because the only way really to tell is to look at the thing actually. Some grey caps for whatever reason too subtle to dilate on here diverge from "textbook," as if such a term really meant anything. Many real SS caps have fake insignia, not the least because insignia collectors rape caps to secure the little buggers for their odd displays of same on plastic pedestals. Thank you, Patrick. Truth be told, I have never thought of all of this as a hobby, but more as history, which is, for me, at least, a profession with exacting standards.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The grey cap is likely a fake. I say "likely," because the only way really to tell is to look at the thing actually.
    I would agree. Nothing about it strikes me as being authentic but that's not to say it's an obvious stinker. When it comes to examples like this, the gut feelings of experienced collectors like FB and others will save you a fortune in mistakes.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I would agree. Nothing about it strikes me as being authentic but that's not to say it's an obvious stinker. When it comes to examples like this, the gut feelings of experienced collectors like FB and others will save you a fortune in mistakes.
    Thank you, Ben, who has a greater skill than all of us with his special insight of cap making through his fine restorations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2