Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?

Article about: Gentlemen, while i am aware that this hat is not a genuine article, i would be most interested in hearing your opinions as to who made it, or when it was made before i sell it. It is quite w

Default Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?

Gentlemen, while i am aware that this hat is not a genuine article, i would be most interested in hearing your opinions as to who made it, or when it was made before i sell it.

It is quite well made, considering what most fakes looks like. The diamond is celluloid and not plastic, it has other parts to which appears to be genuine. It has had a RZM tag, but it has been removed as seen from the photo under the sweatband. The hat is obviously old, and wasn't made yesterday. The velvet band has worn down quite a bit.

Has anyone seen a fake like this before?

In advance, thank you for your time! Please excuse the outlook folder attached, for some reason i wasn't able to remove it and it decided for itself to join the post, it's a folder with the photos of the hat which are posted under.

Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it? Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allg SS Generals visor - Who made it?
    P
    Many

Looks like one of the Latvian fakes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Looks like one of the Latvian fakes.
    It's not one of those. It's way older, and those do not have Celluloid diamonds.

It is totally different from those in most every way, the way it's constructed, materials used, etc.

J-O: While it may be "old" (which is a relative term nowadays), it is not a very good copy.
    Velvet does not wear down like that--it was either artificially rubbed down, or was made that way.
    Any reason you have an interest in this one?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I don't believe that it's that old, but has, rather, been pre-aged.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."