Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !

Article about: The M1/167 eagle has also lost his beak.

Default Re: Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !

Fantasy maker:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !   Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !  

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !   Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !
    P
    Many

?

FINK is quite correct and the word that I will be describing fakes from now on!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    FINK is quite correct and the word that I will be describing fakes from now on!

Bravo.

This fake has only the attribute that someone has learned to make straight crown piping, but the markings are very out to lunch as concerns comparison with an original. I should look in my RZM Handbook to see if this Moser person existed.
    The Moser label looks as if t was scanned from some print source. It is quite out of place in a cap, and the forehead pressure free thingy is also not as in the prototype.

?

I do wonder why these skilled people make such Finks. The shape is good and the machine sewing expertly done.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I do wonder why these skilled people make such Finks. The shape is good and the machine sewing expertly done.
    Someone is taking to heart my scolding about crown piping. Maybe they cloned the DNA of a departed Muetzenmeister or something.

If you look, Ben, in the career agency thingies in southern Germany and Austria, young women are being trained as apprentice hat makers, as well as haute couture persons, so maybe someone has hit pay dirt.

In any case, this item shows much more craft and art than much of what we see, which is plainly made by people devoid of skill.

I have no idea who makes these, where, or in what socio political economic and cultural context.

?

Maybe they are taking our criticism to heart FB!
    If they are reading what we say, I would simply suggest that they produce these very well made hats for the re-enactment market instead of trying to pass them off as original. They would sell hundreds at $300 a pop and we, in turn, would get some quality time to discuss something else of more worth instead.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Maybe they are taking our criticism to heart FB!
    If they are reading what we say, I would simply suggest that they produce these very well made hats for the re-enactment market instead of trying to pass them off as original. They would sell hundreds at $300 a pop and we, in turn, would get some quality time to discuss something else of more worth instead.
    Right you are. However, as you and I have noted elsewhere, persons faked Nazi stuff even before Hitler came to power, and I marvel at the upswing in the present.

When I was a pup, I met many of the fakers, such as they were in the late 1960s and early 1970s, but the scene today is pretty breath taking from what I gather and on a much wider scale.

At least someone has the skill to sew the piping in the crown, and also make the stiffener of the crown and the cap spring fit properly, so it all looks trim and proper.

We should discuss other things of merit, instead, that is for sure. I find the parade of fakes freak show somehow exhausting and only reinforces all the things in the present that are deficient.

Ages of paranoia tend to end badly, in witch hunts, show trials and mass murder....we would do well to contribute our own small part to somewhat less paranoia, especially when innocent people think that their, in fact, real caps are fakes, which I have seen more than a few times here and elsewhere.

The cap from Graetz or whoever versus Pascal's stinker show to me, at least, how the internet has worsened the fakes in the last decade or so, all assertions to the contrary notwithstanding. It is also true that the Schiffer books include authentic prototypes, but Mr. Mint's and Pascal's post (which I have dilated on elsewhere...) surely embody a more refined and practiced fake.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Nothing like going thru all the sites I have not visited in years--this one also on Snyder's site, by way of the old N & T Global Trading:
    Just an ignorant helmet guy here but why the hell would you have a wax seal on a cap? I'm just interested to learn on this one! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Just an ignorant helmet guy here but why the hell would you have a wax seal on a cap? I'm just interested to learn on this one! Leon.
    The seal is or is not from a German firm that did or did not perform a scientific test to determine or not to determine the age of the cap......

This item is a relic of a departed age when the internet dawned and the challenge and response of fake and fraud underwent a major acceleration.....

Ganz lustig.

Someone who wants to waste the time can look in the machine to see if such a firm really exists.

It is all far too droll for me.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast