MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !

Article about: The M1/167 eagle has also lost his beak.

Default re: "New" A-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !

I agree, this is Ben's bailiwick--Bob, can you move this thread over to the cap authentication forum?

& good idea on an SS Authentication sub-forum, I second the motion.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !
    P
    Many

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Some real Muellers...!! with apologies to Bill Shea, whose images I stole....in a couple of cases.

?

Ben have you asked Robert H where they come from?

Golly...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

BTW, there are a lot of fakes here:

The Germans
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    BTW, there are a lot of fakes here:

The Germans

Donnerwetter. Sickening junk heap.

Gentlemen,Can we try to start a grading service where apon any hat can be photographed and sent to a group,committe,etc. such as you F.B. and several of you who have handled these expensive fakes.I collect coins and have done so for 55 years and years ago grading services were formed to grade coins because it just got out of hands with the grades of MS60-MS70 and it would take a long long time to relate the mess that was going on before the services were instituted.First of course was the coin real and then was it cleaned.Secondly,If the coin was any of these two it would not be graded,period!I know you are thinking what a mess of hats and tunics would be [photos] sent here and who would want to do it!I am just throwing out there something because it is way out of hand and has been for many years.These lice who have for years asended apon this hobby have done so with impunity and i was just putting my two cents in.Also i know we are surposed to be seeing great original pieces not the garbage that these criminals and frauds spew out but this hobby needs help.At the last MAX show a dealer told me there is no new blood coming into the hobby to surport the next generation of collectors.The prices and fakes make the young guys say the hell with this.Carl

In view of the post above, this rubric with its supporters constitutes a kind of grading service. I do not collect coins, which is much more well established prospect than this lot, surely. Were someone to entrust me with this role in some more formal way, which I do not seek nor desire any more than I offer here already, I would want a lot of money and some legal protection against the results.
    Nazi regalia has always been a branch of the black market, even in Nazi times, and is not likely to change now, when the world is catapulting into chaos and the advances of capitalism over four hundred years are collapsing.
    I offer my knowledge, am very poorly compensated for it, and damit basta. I also can suggest that consensus among such a group would be problematic, because I regularly dissent in these things, and am also skeptical of the measure of expertise accepted by collectors, especially in North America, where the bar is way, way too low in order to claim authority. My criteria for expertise are also much more demanding and comprehensive.

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Might I say this as regards said cap: the Gehirnbremse is wholly of the wrong size. One thing about these caps in general is that the cap cord should fit snug, as in the enclosure. Second, do contrast the sweat band with the rest of the cap, and contrast this aspect to the many, many authentic images we have enclosed in our many, many, many, and.....many threads. This piece has been aged artificially, and not well......at all. Finally, examine the cap cover to the original examples we see here, and especially to the new piece on the Shea site, which I enclose. The fakers cannot get the Strichtrikot right at all, because no one makes such fine cloth any longer, or at a sane price.....

It is true that the Gehirnbremse can become loose, but it should be fit snug if you adjust same, but the fake enclosed by Mr. Mint, the Gehirnbremse is for a much larger cap.
    But the appearance of the cap cover textile is a catastrophe, filled with odd fibers that are found in no III. Reich head wear....none.....niemals.

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !In the matter of the cap cover, see these enclosures. The synthetic or otherwise inferior mixture of the fake cap cover contrasts to the true black textile in the woolens (tricot or melton cloth) used in the authentic pieces, which were often a mixture of textiles, but of the era 1930 and not that of 2011 with whatever inferior and benighted fabrics as found from the sweatshops of some foetid and tropical clime.....pfui.Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !

apologies to Gerard S whose image I stole here....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-24-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast