Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

Article about: Hello folks. Never thought I'd be posting one of these for authentication! I've habitually avoided SS items since I first started collecting, and for good reason. This area of collecting is

Don't you ever bother to haggle with the price Brodie? I've never paid the asking price for anything. And talking of caps...there is service wear, and there is deterioration through age and poor storage. That first cap you chose had both, and the age-related wear was quite a lot... much more than wear through heavy service use. Even the cap they are selling at £3,250 is better than that! But it's your money and your choice, although the dealer in question has a reputation for high prices. It's a big investment to make, so don't be seduced by black & white caps with birdies on the front unless you are absolutely sure you can live with the damage.

Cheers,
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Visor Cap
    P
    Many

I've never been much of a haggler! I'm simply not assertive enough, though I have taken along items of militaria to use as 'sweeteners' in the past.

It seems to come down to history vs condition, and it's never an easy decision to make! Regarding their newest cap, the patching to the outside and the missing prong on the eagle put me off it. I can live with minor internal damage, as it's not visible when the cap is on display. I suppose I'll stick to saving, and see what my situation is come July. As you've said, it's a big investment, and not one I'm keen to rush into.

Regards, B.B.

Hi BB,
    Did you end up buying it?
    Cause I might be interested in it

Nice hat !

Quote by Collect18 View Post
    Hi BB,
    Did you end up buying it?
    Cause I might be interested in it
    If I'd still been on track to buy it, I would have purchased it at the War & Peace show in July. That's no longer the case. As it's very unlikely that I'll be attending the show this year, I've diverted my savings to other things. I may set myself the goal of saving up for one the next time around, but that won't be until next year.

Regards, B.B.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3