Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

The anatomy of the Schirmmutze

Article about: Ben is a wonderful collector scholar, as we all know. I have a very serious adult job, which consumes a lot of my time, and I cannot translate all of this. I will leave the burden to others,

?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by BenVK; 01-27-2014 at 12:28 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The anatomy of the Schirmmutze
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Next time I have an authentic cap on the bench for restoration, I'll try and take some photos of the same areas to create a similar diagram if it's deemed useful?
    Your readers take pleasure in your art and craft, as well as rejoice in your didactic skill. No one can say that the fashioning of knowledge about this very conflicted material is especially easy.

?

Sogfzbhsgfssdg\
    Last edited by BenVK; 01-27-2014 at 12:29 AM.

which is to say the degree to which these things were hand made and have value because of it.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Marvelous anatomical lesson. Worthy of the great of the storied past. Well done.
    I am not a cap collector, but this indeed the most interesting anatomical lecture since, well, I attended an actual one. Thanks to Ben for his efforts as the Vesalius of the cap world!

Also, this helps to illustrate some aspects of cap construction as outlined in period regulations that I had translated a while back in posts # 25 and 26 here...:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...-3/#post376896

...without being completely certain whether I had actually interpreted the descriptions and tech terms correctly.

?

sdfhhdfh
    Last edited by BenVK; 01-27-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks to you both. Your roles here are a great boon to us all.

Sewing buttons on is remarkably tricky I have to say. When I have had cause to attempt this feat I usually go around and over and through in no particular order as many times as it takes to hold the button on then tie a knot in it...somewhere.

I dread to think what my attempt at a peaked cap construction would produce.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Sewing buttons on is remarkably tricky I have to say. When I have had cause to attempt this feat I usually go around and over and through in no particular order as many times as it takes to hold the button on then tie a knot in it...somewhere.
    Rest assured you are not the only one to apply this particular technique...

My little contribution at this wonderful thread...thanks for your knowledge Ben...

The anatomy of the SchirmmutzeThe anatomy of the SchirmmutzeThe anatomy of the SchirmmutzeThe anatomy of the Schirmmutze

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast