Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any chance of a rough date

Article about: Hi guys, Just wondered if any one could put a rough date on this visor cap please, I'm guessing late war but I'm not 100% sure. Cheers. Kev.

Default Any chance of a rough date

Hi guys,
    Just wondered if any one could put a rough date on this visor cap please, I'm guessing late war but I'm not 100% sure.
    Cheers.

Kev.

Any chance of a rough dateAny chance of a rough dateAny chance of a rough date

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any chance of a rough date
    P
    Many

?

Hi Kev,
    I'm afraid your thread will be moved to the authentication forum very soon, this is why: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...etze-264887-2/ and also this: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...etze-264887-3/ (bottom of the page). Everything there is "at least very doubtful" as stonemint put it somewhere here. I hope for you my opinion is going to be falsified, as well made as the cap looks.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-06-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Hi Kevin,

I would guess this cap was made "too late" to be worn in the war..................sorry.
    If you have made a purchase then return it asap IMO..........otherwise steer clear as these are rare and expensive when available...

Hope this helps.

cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, no purchased made, just trying to brush up on my knowledge of ww2 visor's, I thought it was good but late.

Kev.

Roger that Kevin. Keep posting as there is a learning curve for us all from these caps.

cheers

Tony

Hi Folks,
    Just a quick heads-up for info only.
    This visor cap sold today for €5200 some bodies go to be hurting soon.

Kev.

I found it amusing that the faker used a leather sweatband with "Elegant Style" (in English) on the sweatband (instead of "Mode")....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Do you know what stonemint, I never even noticed that "Elegant Style was in English" and I looked at it for ages and now you've said it, it's so obvious.
    surely somebody who's willing to spend that kind of cash would have the sense to get it checked out first, all I can say is, "they must have more money than sense" I've made mistakes and learnt the hard way but not that hard.

?

Oh boy! I couldn't decipher the "style" word, "Elegant" could have been deutsch, but the "style" - what a blatant blooper! By the way, in German it would have been Elegante Mode (as Mode is a female noun).