Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

it arrived today

Article about: hi and a merry christmas to you all the m43 i posted before arrived today and i now have taken several what i think good and clear photos for the best verdict possible cheers DS

or, if you have even more money to spend...

HG-42c Waffen SS Other Ranks Model 1943 Field Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement it arrived today
    P
    Many

Can anyone explain to me why there are people who post on this forum for approval of certain items because they themselves are not sure of an item and yet when the members here who have decades of knowledge between them, say that the item in question is in fact not what they thought it to be. Why oh why do these people then question the members, who have given their time and effort over the years, to know what they are talking about. This is one of the best, if not the best forum to gather information from others, free of charge and to research an item before you think of parting with any money. I learnt the hard way a few years ago when buying a visor cap. Looked real good, but I hadn't a clue. Showed it here and was told 'Fake' embarrassed or what, took advice, bought some books and looked at the threads I needed to. Hay presto, so easy when you know what to look for. All I am saying is why doubt the people who have years of experience behind them. Trust in what they say.

The Shea Beaver headgear book has many excellent and clear photos of authentic items of this type.

The book costs less than USD 150 and you will be all the wiser for it and enjoy what you are doing far more, of that I can assure you.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-27-2015 at 11:05 PM.

it arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived today"....All I am saying is why doubt the people who have years of experience behind them. Trust in what they say. ..."

As one whose entries are subject to routine mugging and or assaults of all kinds, I assume that if one of us seems to know something, we represent a welcome target and are then open to all kinds of digital abuse. Knowledge is so balkanized today that I think some persons cannot learn in a linear, logical and effective manner. The first response is either joy or rage, with the latter being highly associated with things connected to the SS.
    The lord of the flies site had one particular internet lion who nurtured a special hatred of persons older than himself, with years and or more experience in cap collecting.
    He made it his project to demolish all such persons with a psy ops campaign of singular viciousness as befits the new century. He has many imitators.
    Also, we are dealing with persons of all ages and all possible backgrounds..... I often wonder why I bother, but knowledge is a pleasing end in itself and the construction of this site as the best locale in the heap is a worthwhile goal, especially with such fine leadership.

There is a way in which the digital protestations of those unwilling to learn or discomfited by the truth really only deserve our sympathy and empathy, were it not for the fact that the digital emotional toilet is also going to swallow up centuries of civilization and culture in its generalized effluvia.

Not a good thing.

Happy new year to you all and may your dreams of head wear all materialize to your heart's content.

And may no "prongs" puncture the satin lining of your hopes and desires.......
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-27-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    FB ........ You have more patience than I. ....... 😅 you mean these caps from Martin bill shea and Peter are not $150 ? 😅 I tip my hat to you sir.

it arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived today
    Quote by John Brandon View Post
    FB ........ You have more patience than I. ....... 😅 you mean these caps from Martin bill shea and Peter are not $150 ? 😅 I tip my hat to you sir.
    Dear Colleague, I am likely just a fool, but Adrian really has such superior character to myself that I feel I must live up to his example. He and I talk on the phone all the time in addition to this playground and he keeps me in line with a gentle hand. That my dealer colleagues charge ME a great deal of money needless arises from the world of 2015 and their requirements to pay their bills. I have been helping all three to do so, in fact, and for that I am told by others that I am a silly twit, and my property is worthless, and so forth. I tip my hat to you, retour, and wish you a happy and prosperous 2016 on your Isle of Man. That locale sounds very exotic to me, since
    I only know Europe more or less east of the Belgian coast, i.e. from Bruges to the Panonian Plain, as it were.

no need to be sarcastic its just that this site drags in things from everything from norway to northkorea wich means they have no idea about actual pricing because they have no real expertise here is a lsit of some countries they sell stuff from everything militaria i dont know how they got stuff from north korea but that is what i mean they grab all things they can find and slap a price on it its a lotto realy so yeah im not sure you have encountered sites such as that before. and therefor its to me not impossible for them to do what they do grab all things they can find and doing no research about pricing and putting it on the site

cheers DS

Afghanistan
    Afghanistan
    Afrika
    Afrika
    Australien & Nya Zeeland
    Australien & Nya Zeeland
    Baltikum
    Baltikum
    Belgien
    Belgien
    Brasilien
    Brasilien
    Bulgarien
    Bulgarien
    Cambodia Laos SO Asien
    Cambodia Laos SO Asien
    Canada
    Canada
    Cuba
    Cuba
    Egypten
    Egypten
    Ethiopia
    Ethiopia
    Grekland
    Grekland
    Holland
    Holland
    Indien & Pakistan & Kashmir
    Indien & Pakistan & Kashmir
    Irak
    Irak
    Iran
    Iran
    Italien
    Italien
    Jamaica
    Jamaica
    Japan
    Japan
    Jugoslavien
    Jugoslavien
    Kazakstan
    Kazakstan
    Kina Tibet Nepal Hong-Kong
    Kina Tibet Nepal Hong-Kong
    Kroatien
    Kroatien
    Kurdistan
    Kurdistan
    Kuwait
    Kuwait
    Libyen
    Libyen
    Mellanöstern
    Mellanöstern
    Mexico
    Mexico
    Mongoliet
    Mongoliet
    Nord Korea
    Nord Korea
    Oman
    Oman
    Palestina
    Palestina
    Paraguay
    Paraguay
    Polen
    Polen
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Rumänien
    Rumänien
    Saudiarabien
    Saudiarabien
    Schweiz
    Schweiz
    Serbien
    Serbien
    Slovakien
    Slovakien
    Slovenien
    Slovenien
    Spanien
    Spanien
    Syd Korea
    Syd Korea
    Sydafrika
    Sydafrika
    Syrien
    Syrien
    Thailand
    Thailand
    Tjeckien
    Tjeckien
    Turkiet
    Turkiet
    Ukraina
    Ukraina
    Ungern
    Ungern
    Österrike
    Österrike
    checkout Till Kassan

Even out of my small knowledge about caps and headgear I can say your piece doesn't match to any originals shown here in the forum. I researched a bit, and for me it looks like one of the typical ebay fakes without the insignia and with some original buttons sewn on, so that the cap looks more authentic. Waste of money and time in my eyes.

Regards
    Last edited by Landser I; 12-28-2015 at 02:03 AM. Reason: mistake

And because of this large list of countries from afrika to asia, this M43 should be an original, good TR piece? When a seller asks such a less price for an SS fieldcap WITHOUT insignia (just like the most ebay fake seller) my mind would scream "red flag". It's on you, if you are happy with this cap it's fine! But why you ask this community to spend time in lots of research when you don't want to accept the opinions? But for a better understanding of the shown opinions, please look at ebay or ioffer, I am sure you will be able to find a similar piece without insignia, with new looking red inside and with the same late-war buttons sewn on it.

Regards

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast