Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authentication before purchase!

Article about: I am interested in making a purchase but I don’t Know if they’re authentic! (Will post pics below!)

Default Authentication before purchase!

I am interested in making a purchase but I don’t Know if they’re authentic! (Will post pics below!)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentication before purchase!
    P
    Many

Close up of officers Wehrmacht
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentication before purchase!   Authentication before purchase!  

Authentication before purchase!   Authentication before purchase!  

The “SS HAT”
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentication before purchase!   Authentication before purchase!  

Authentication before purchase!   Authentication before purchase!  

Authentication before purchase!  

Yikes! Run away! Run away!!!

I’ll take that as a no. Just browsing around and they peaked my interest for relatively cheap (to me)

OK, now that I have your attention. Number one. Invest in some books or do a bit of research before posting. Folks here will be helpful to you but will insist you do some investigation of your own as well. Number two. Anything this glaringly made to look aged with the outline of insignia left behind is clearly trash - ESPECIALLY SS items. Number three. Try a reputable dealer site first and prepare a budget for your purchase - don't try to go cheap early on - you will regret it. Prepare for some withering remarks about these two visors. Best wishes, Neil

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    OK, now that I have your attention. Number one. Invest in some books or do a bit of research before posting. Folks here will be helpful to you but will insist you do some investigation of your own as well. Number two. Anything this glaringly made to look aged with the outline of insignia left behind is clearly trash - ESPECIALLY SS items. Number three. Try a reputable dealer site first and prepare a budget for your purchase - don't try to go cheap early on - you will regret it. Prepare for some withering remarks about these two visors. Best wishes, Neil
    Wise words.

?

am I going crazy or is the eagle in the completely wrong place? Very bad fakes, would definitely stay far away!

MAP
    ?

The "ghosting" of the eagle and insignia is a classic move to artificially age an item. See it all the time.

A real SS visor, even in this condition will never go cheap, no less one (extremely rare) with a colored waffenfarb (i.e. the red piping)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Typical of the crap being sold on Ebay. I don't know what is worse--the hat itself, or the artificial ageing.
    Hat is here:

Schirmmutze Artillerie , Wehrmacht, WSs, Gr. 58,7-58, WK2, WW2 visor cap, | eBay
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast