Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Bamberger Mutzen Industrie Visor Cap

Article about: Hi, I have a field Grey Visor Cap with Purple Piping and Black Band, Shiny Black Visor and Strap, inside the top it has a large clear plastic label with a LANDGRAF Logo and reads " Bamb

Default Bamberger Mutzen Industrie Visor Cap

Hi,

I have a field Grey Visor Cap with Purple Piping and Black Band, Shiny Black Visor and Strap, inside the top it has a large clear plastic label with a LANDGRAF Logo and reads " Bamberger Mutzen Industrie " Q/52F/20247/21021 1X/73 8405-12 and 59 all in Gold Print is this genuine it does not seem to have had much use.Bamberger Mutzen Industrie Visor CapBamberger Mutzen Industrie Visor CapBamberger Mutzen Industrie Visor CapBamberger Mutzen Industrie Visor Cap
    Last edited by bushby35; 11-05-2015 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Put in Photo's

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bamberger Mutzen Industrie Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

Easy one: this is a post war cap - the IX/73 stands for September 1973, presumably a Bundeswehr cap. The colour by the way is not field grey - have a look at the "A Guide to Authentic Third Reich Visor Hats"-section here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/guide...ch-visor-hats/
    and counterheck here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...-ss-ka-519944/

This appears to be a Bundeswehr Chaplain's Visor...
    Glenn

Thanks for that it is what I thought but price was so cheap difficult to resist.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This appears to be a Bundeswehr Chaplain's Visor...
    I don't think so, Glenn.

Bundeswehr chaplains are civilian federal officials in the service of the military. They are not soldiers or combatants, hold no military duty position or rank and are not uniformed, with the sole exception of field uniforms when on deployment.

I think the branch color piping on this cap is the bordeauxrot [claret red] of the ABC-Abwehrtruppe [NBC defense troops].

I always despised the Landgraf caps, simply because they were cheaply made both in terms of materials and aesthetic shape.
    As far as I have been able to ascertain, they did not exist as a hat-maker during the TR era, and I was surprised that they were able to score a big BW contract over the (better) TR-era makers, but it was probably just a costs issue (and they definitely cut costs).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”