Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you if this black ss nco visor has any chance to be good one. There was newspaper around the swetband you can see also in pictures but maybe it was there only to

?

Default Black SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you if this black ss nco visor has any chance to be good one. There was newspaper around the swetband you can see also in pictures but maybe it was there only to fool possible buyer (me). I did not find any maker mark. Any opinions is more than welcome. Soon I will post some more visors for review.
    Thank you, Mike

Black SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for help
    P
    Many

?

Unfortunately, I cannot help... FB will be the "Judge" on this item.. I certainly wish you all the luck ... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Both the cap and insignia are fake, sorry. The eagle is a well known fake, cut construction and material is all wrong on the cap. putting an old newspaper inside the rim is an old trick to fool the unwary

?

Good to witness your opinion John !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I have included many images of early, i.e. pre 1935 black SS caps. Please look at them.
    The insignia are old fakes. The chin strap and the peak seem old, but it seems like a recent fake that has been decorated as well as aged.
    Why would a cap worn in 1934 or 1936 have a newspaper from 1929?

In fifty three years of collecting, I have found that when the cap is beefed up to fit, the newspaper is more or less from when the cap was bought and or worn.

In 1929, plainly, no such cap of this kind existed and why an SS man would have this newspaper is beyond me. This cap came into use in this form
    ca. 1932-1933. More the latter, in fact.

As mentioned by other seasoned hands here, an old trick.

The cap badges are sixties or seventies stinkers of primitive appearance.

Black SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpthe cap is also not shaped properly for a pre late 1935 or so cap, actually.

Happy holidays and happy hats.

- - ------- - -

nor is the textile of the cover and band, right, either......as far as I can see.

Black SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpBlack SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpShea has a nice early cap for sale on his site that was was once KFinhead's and is correct. It came from the US Northwest.

The badges have been added on this item, but it is authentic.

HG-41k Named Allgemeine SS "Other Ranks" Visor Cap

Black SS EM/NCO Visor - ask for helpThe Whammond site also has pre late 1935 caps of this type for sale, too, which are quite authentic. None of these is exactly a bargain, but they are authentic. This one needs early badges, which are easier to find than the later ones.....or it can also have later badges, too.

The price was lowered on this one to where it is quite fair.

The Collector's Guild

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Good to witness your opinion John !! G
    😅 you're too kind

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast