Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and Comment

Article about: This was being sold on Ebay recently. Interested in thoughts--I like the tag, but aside from that, I have concerns. Anyone else seen a hat by this maker (A2/843)?

That is a Sonderanfertigung of the last gasp. I think it is real.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and Comment
    P
    Many

Black SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentBlack SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentBlack SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentBlack SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentBlack SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentBlack SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentBlack SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentI have seen a cap of this type and make, in fact. My interlocutor will furnish images when he can snap them out of his cornucopia. PS This cap is the property of Sayle F, a chum of mine, and it is ex a leading collection
    of a man known to us who died before his time. You see a wartime portrait of a Hermann Goering Div. Lw NCO with such a cap and a black uniform.
    Not the norm, but a fact.

I believe this is a last gasp Sonderanfertigung made by a Muetzenmacher ca. 1940 or 1941.

A2 artisan cap maker. But A2 143, which is Mueller, was also an artisan maker.

The cap here is similar to what is interpreted here, but from a different artisan cap maker.

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-29-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Black SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentBlack SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentBlack SS EM/NCO Visor for Review and CommentThis is a cousin of the cap you show from Mueller of similar date. The badges here are fake, but the cap is real. I had it in hand. It was from Brian Maederer, from whom I have only gotten authentic black SS caps. I looked at the cap for Bruce Burnham.

The sale of such items is well documented in the contemporary sources into the mid war period.

F-B, thanks for that--that "last gasp" theory explains it.

d'alquen, if you are reading this, do you know who had RZM # 843?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I read a thread on the GDC a long time ago..where there was a SS marked Luftwaffe dagger hanger. It was thought to be contentious..and the thread pretty much dies after that..and nothing else was proven with it. This thread presently shows this Luft officer appearing as a SS Airforce officer. This reignites my interest in this topic. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by stonemint View Post
    F-B, thanks for that--that "last gasp" theory explains it.

d'alquen, if you are reading this, do you know who had RZM # 843?
    A2/843 versus A1.....

In the war time UM there are want ads and for sale ads in which RZM stores and military regalia stores offer to trade or sell items, likely because of shortages or disruptions worked by the war.
    Such adverts mention extra supplies of black SS peaked caps, and we also found a shop window ca. 1942 or so where a black SS officer's cap is for sale.

I was not there, of course, but via this mechanism we have pieced together parts of the whole.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-29-2014 at 05:08 AM.

Stonemint,
    A 2/843 was the Friedrich Bennewitz company, Am Markt in Wurzen.
    d'Alquen

For those unfamiliar with geography, Wurzen lies between Leipzig and the Elbe in Saxony.

It grew rapidly in the industrial revolution and had a large garrison, ergo the chance to have uniform tailors, cap makers etc.

It also had a native textile industry, as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast