Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Black SS officer visor named

Article about: Gents wanted to run this one by you to make sure. Looks good from my perspective, but better safe than sorry. Thank you for your opinions!

It's easy ;-) Does the hat size match? The head/hat looks like it should be a 59 or 60, or more? If the hat is a 56...

Damn, FB beat me to this!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS officer visor named
    P
    Many

More photos and info coming early next week. Stay tuned!

sam--is this from the same source as the gray-top SS Officer visor you posted?
    Tell the seller to use something other than a 5 megapixel camera from 2005--would help a lot.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Do bear with me if I have forgotten the name of this RZM license, but they made these caps, to be sure.
    If I read it well it is 26:
    A 1/26 Otto Schlientz, owned by Mich.Hoffmann at Straubing

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    If I read it well it is 26:
    A 1/26 Otto Schlientz, owned by Mich.Hoffmann at Straubing
    Thanks. I thought so, but was unsure. This Bavarian firm surely made black SS caps. Thanks to Wim, as ever for all his fine work for the cause.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    sam--is this from the same source as the gray-top SS Officer visor you posted?
    Tell the seller to use something other than a 5 megapixel camera from 2005--would help a lot.
    Yep same guy. He is sending better photos I hope or I may move on.

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Yep same guy. He is sending better photos I hope or I may move on.
    In view of the demonstrated fact that I am a scold, if you do become serious about the cap, I would not make any decision unless you can get Boehme's record with
    his measurements. It sounds silly, but it is not. If the cap really is Boehme's, which I highly doubt, it is significant. If you want a well known cap of this type, by
    the way, which was once my property, Bruce Herman has one for sale. It is undoubtedly real. This cap could be: a.) a fake, which I wonder about, because the RZM tag looks alright to me, as does the interior; b.) a tarted up cap with the war criminal's name; or c.) Boehme's cap, in which case you would have something.

The pictures are not at all helpful and take a lot of time from us likes.

PS all of which goes to show that you need your wits and patience to collect these things.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In view of the demonstrated fact that I am a scold, if you do become serious about the cap, I would not make any decision unless you can get Boehme's record with
    his measurements. It sounds silly, but it is not. If the cap really is Boehme's, which I highly doubt, it is significant. If you want a well known cap of this type, by
    the way, which was once my property, Bruce Herman has one for sale. It is undoubtedly real. This cap could be: a.) a fake, which I wonder about, because the RZM tag looks alright to me, as does the interior; b.) a tarted up cap with the war criminal's name; or c.) Boehme's cap, in which case you would have something.

The pictures are not at all helpful and take a lot of time from us likes.

PS all of which goes to show that you need your wits and patience to collect these things.
    I agree 100%. Thanks again for your help!

Black SS officer visor namedThis cap is for sale with Herman and is not perfect, but it is real. I have no idea to whom it belonged, other than to advanced collectors known to me.

Black SS officer visor namedBlack SS officer visor namedBlack SS officer visor named
    Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    I agree 100%. Thanks again for your help!
    I am happy to help. Your interlocutor really does need a better camera, in fact.

And, he also needs to offer you some useful provenance with the black cap, granted the Boehme association, which I still cannot believe.

I could tell if I had the thing in my hand, because I have a lot of experience with German handwriting and various examples.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast