Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Black SS officer visor named

Article about: Gents wanted to run this one by you to make sure. Looks good from my perspective, but better safe than sorry. Thank you for your opinions!

If you have contacts with the actual Berlin document center files in the Bundesarchiv, they can engage the people I mention. You could also likely get some graduate
    student to assume the task, too, in the right circumstances.

I am very neuralgic about the absurd idea of how these things endure in families and gently fall into the adoring hands of collectors at the magic moment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS officer visor named
    P
    Many

We just had the total china syndrone white cap fiasco. This is more or less a real black SS officer's cap, as far as I can see, and it comes from a person who owns a lot of real SS material.

This is the book on these men, and it has spawned others.

Boehme was a major war criminal.

Michael Wildt: Generation des Unbedingten. Das Führungskorps des Reichssicherheitshauptamts. Durchgesehene und aktualisierte Neuausgabe. Studienausgabe. Hamburger Edition, Hamburg 2003, ISBN 3-930908-87-5.

The battery vomiting with the white mass murderer cap makes it more urgent to get something like this right, since it is ambiguous.

Paul Sack is always lecturing me as to how I have to anticipate the later dynamics of selling these things, which is wise advice, especially when everything is so
    intensely conflicted.

Why is it every time I enter into one of these SS regalia threads, I feel like a child overhearing an adult conversation? You long in the tooth collectors have the task of not merely preserving the relics, but preserving the truth, and I always leave these threads with the impression of just how daunting that task is. It makes me almost glad I lack the finances to engage in this part of the hobby.

FB, I welcome any help or advice to research. Please feel free to PM me with details if you so desire.

Thank you again sir!

Quote by avenger View Post
    Why is it every time I enter into one of these SS regalia threads, I feel like a child overhearing an adult conversation? You long in the tooth collectors have the task of not merely preserving the relics, but preserving the truth, and I always leave these threads with the impression of just how daunting that task is. It makes me almost glad I lack the finances to engage in this part of the hobby.
    I am afraid that my approach causes a great deal of cognitive dissonance among many, but dealing with SS regalia is a challenge. This site has sought to reduce the friction, but it remains a challenge. Hence, I use the phrase "level of ambition." I do not seek personality items. On the other hand, the effort is worth it, since
    we live in a totally transparent world of everybody fussing about the least detail of someone else's life and especially their property. I believe intensely in private property,
    but these items are transformed by the choice to use the digital market and so forth.

My life is devoted to professional historical research, and I have said as much in 20,000 posts. This fact gets on the nerves of certain people, especially now, for which I am sorry to offer no apology. The nature of the sources fascinates me, that is, what these things permit us to say and what they do not permit us to say.
    The Institute for Contemporary History in Munich just published the annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kampf, and the discussion about it is very compelling.
    Boehme was a major figure in the RSHA band of killers, and anything actually his is very significant and an important relic deserving of adequate preservation and interpretation.

I know the provenance of only a fraction of what I own.

Black SS officer visor namedKelly Hicks has Karl Hermann Frank's helmet, for instance, which does or does not bear on this issue.

and you can also ask the Czechs, too, in Praha. I have seen the traveling exhibit from the Czech Army Museum on Heydrich, and they have above average SS material,
    but not a cap of this kind plainly associated with the men you see in this picture.

VHU PRAHA

and you have read all the threads about the Heydrich widow, the blood stained uniform, and on and on.

All of which is why your due diligence is warranted.

The fact the thing is 58 cms is something, and I think the cap is 80% real. So, real black SS caps ca. 1937 are not exactly plentiful.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast