Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuine

Article about: Hi A friend of mine who ran a pub and collected hats gave me this as a farewell present. I'm interested to know if its real or not and what regiment it belonged to. What set me off is that o

?

Default Can anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuine

Hi

A friend of mine who ran a pub and collected hats gave me this as a farewell present. I'm interested to know if its real or not and what regiment it belonged to. What set me off is that on the inside there are markings "1942" and a number below it "57". Ive included photographs below. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Can anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuineCan anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuineCan anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuineCan anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuineCan anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuine
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Can anyone tell me what this cap is and is it genuine

Can't tell if it's genuine, but 57 must be the size of the cap. To it does not look like being that old or worn very much.

IMO it looks like a postwar german cap that has had 1942 penned in and the 57 was already there but wait for more experienced relpys

tom

?

A reproduction of a Tropical M40 cap in my opinion. There is nothing here that resembles an original.

I agree with Ben. It is a definite repro, with incorrect insignia.................
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I agree with Ben. It is a definite repro, with incorrect insignia.................
    ,..well not so much an actual reproduction,..but a 1980's model "moleskin" cap . The red yellow black woven corcade went

where the eagle sits and it came with two plastic sewn on buttons. You will see evidence of a laundering/ID

/manufacturers tag in the front inside of the cap. It was a square tag about 1.5" x 1.5",...they go for about 8 bucks

from Col. Bubbys on the Strand, in Galveston, Tx. They don't come done up like that, but rather as issued in the

1980's. Occasionally, you will find some HBT 1960's models with crossed sabres and woven corcade on one

pc inverted woven trapazoid,....some earlier ones are passed off as original RAD caps in HBT and other such

issue pcs. these usually have the dark brown plastic or Bakelite buttons with white stitching,..they have (had) a tag

in the same place as the 1980's except smaller,. about 1" X 1",...the visor is not cardboard,...but plastic or some

kind of gasket material. Once in a great while,..you will run across one of those in the same bin. Inventory changes

and for $8,...no one is going to dig one out for you for your selection. Yet they are cool and can be bleached out

to a DAK tan, ..and they are real ,..just postwar issue up until the 1980's "moleskin" issues were through,..before

the new smaller cut flectarn caps,.. they also have a large bin full of them with a neck flap sewn

on postwar in all sorts of crazy colors,...I guess for walking out on the beach,....this bin has the

larger sizes,....and that's all I got to say about that,...( Forrest)

?

Enough said and we thank you for the info!