MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CW Luftwaffe Officers visor

Article about: Hi folks I would very much like to know your opinions regards the originality of this Clemens Wagner visor I have found on the net, I must admit it looks pretty good to me though the backing

Default CW Luftwaffe Officers visor

Hi folks I would very much like to know your opinions regards the originality of this Clemens Wagner visor I have found on the net, I must admit it looks pretty good to me though the backing of the cockade appears a bit "clipped" on the left wing. These I'm afraid are the only available photos. I Look forward to your opinions good or bad . Regards Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CW Luftwaffe Officers visor
    P
    Many

Looks good from these photos !!

Cheers

Bob

?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post

Cheers

Bob
    + 1!

Sweatband and visor/peak is getting loose on the left side. Could be resewn using the original holes.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post

Cheers

Bob
    Same opinion here.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you Bob & ErWesa I truly value your opinions on this Visor as a point of interest would anyone like to hazard a guess at its size, Regards, Paul:

?

Almost impossible from these pictures alone - I would guess a smaller size but as I can't see the complete visor/peak in the last picture and compare it to the circumference of the cap I could be wrong. Any more pics available from underneath?

Afraid not , i'll have to get in touch with the vendor , Regards, Paul

Recieved the Cap today & will take some pics at the weekend, Although everything looks original to me I've discovered this stamp under the sweat band! Although a Luftwaffe stamp, these things always raise my suspicions. Any ideas folks ? Wartime ? Post war? Look forward to your thoughts ,kindest regards Paul.

?

Normally stamps with swasticas in caps raise my suspicions, too. Bob Lyons has more experience than I do with LW-caps, perhaps he has an explanation. I still like the cap - can you read what the stamp says? You might want to check wheter CW sweatbands were sewn that way - machine-sewn and folded over at the front behind the visor and handsewn around the rest.
    Looking forward to more pics from the inside.

I have never encountered a stamp like that before, it could be right, but I would be suspicious of it.

The cap however is real and of the period. I wouldn't worry too much about the stamp, if it was added post-war it still won't affect the actual cap,
    perhaps the sweatband has been replaced (although it looks like it is the original one)....so I would just sit back and enjoy the lovely example that you have picked up...

Best wishes

Bob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast