Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Czech made Heer Feldmutze

Article about: Here is a Heer sidecap cut in the Czechoslovakia style these are unique with a sweat band there are a lot of ink stamps inside it and possibly a GI has written his name in it. There was one

Default Czech made Heer Feldmutze

Here is a Heer sidecap cut in the Czechoslovakia style these are unique with a sweat band there are a lot of ink stamps inside it and possibly a GI has written his name in it. There was one posted like it not long ago. I am open to opinions as these are not often seen. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech made Heer Feldmutze   Czech made Heer Feldmutze  

Czech made Heer Feldmutze   Czech made Heer Feldmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Czech made Heer Feldmutze
    P
    Many

I like it very much.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Czek side cap

Here are some front on views of cap. I am kinda of the opinion these were private purchase caps due to a lot of possibly distrubitor ink stamps and high quality material and sweat band as opposed to the issue M-34. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech made Heer Feldmutze   Czech made Heer Feldmutze  

Hi Timothy , I must admit that I have never seen one of these before , but it looks to be a spot on period piece to my eye! I see no reason why it is not exactly what you say it is, a private purchase piece. Almost looks like an NCO item! Good find , Leon.

Thanks Leon a lot of collectors are of the opinion NCO private purchase however having said that there is one posted on here recently that shows the boy solider sitting wearing one in a period picture. There is one other period picture In the Brian Davis wermacht book and it does show a NCO wearing one. I like them and you just don't find a lot of them compared with standard M-34. timothy

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

I don't believe that this is a private purchase Hat. This is most likely an issue hat from captured stocks. Sometimes they were modified to german standards and other times they just placed insignia on them and issued them. They did this with tunics of conquered nations also.

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

I don't believe that this is a private purchase Hat. This is most likely an issue hat from captured stocks. Sometimes they were modified to german standards and other times they just placed insignia on them and issued them. They did this with tunics of conquered nations also.

Fred
    That is quite right and your theory may hold a lot of water that might explain why you see late war conscripts wearing them. timothy

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I like it very much.

Cheers, Ade.
    I like the like that Ade likes
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "