Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DAK Field Police Pith Helmet

Article about: Any problems with this piece? Seller calls it "whitewashed" so is that supposed to mean it's painted white over the original tan?

?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I wrote the seller back about the whitewash and he got a little huffy... sounds like he has some knowledge to share;
    Yes indeed... He got "White Washed" and wants to unload it on a "Un-Suspecting' Victim IMO.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Field Police Pith Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I wrote the seller back about the whitewash and he got a little huffy... sounds like he has some knowledge to share;

White wash was heavily used on kriegs pith helmets during the war this looks to me to be a conversion .....maybe a change in service. I would research white pith helmets and you will find many of them. Asking if it was for winter is just ridiculous and someone didn't do there home work you can even look up SS piths and see these were also white.
    *Sigh* Yes my remark was ridiculuos, as it was what is commonly known as a so-called "joke". Speaking of slacking off in the homework department, at least I know the difference between "there" and "their".

I knew it was a joke, I don't think he was in the mood... There, their, you're, your, wear, ware, these subtle difference just too much for some people. You see it everyday, and worse.

I notice he did not address the fake shields.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2