Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

dak m40 ok or not

Article about: hi please forgive my ignorance on these items but I have the chance to buy these and although I have been trying to compare them to originals it comes down to the insignias the peaks are 2 p

Default dak m40 ok or not

hi please forgive my ignorance on these items but I have the chance to buy these and although I have been trying to compare them to originals it comes down to the insignias the peaks are 2 piece and the stitching looks ok to me the tops are 1 piece crimped along the middle with the red lining and faint makers mark.dak m40 ok or notdak m40 ok or not please accept my thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dak m40 ok or not
    P
    Many

looks ok but wait for more.

Thanks does that apply to both or just one if so which.

Look good from outside these are a minefield cap experts will want to see the inside, lining and gommets for sure. timothy

Not a big fan from these single poor pics of the two caps, how can you expect an opinion based on these.

The tan colour cap has the wrong cockade on it, Luftwaffe type and the greener one is not looking good at all, insignia looks wrong and that includes the soutache.

But hey, based on these pics I could say anything and it would not really matter, ask for better pics and then pm me or another mod and I or them will reopen the thread but it is closed until that happens.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I'll reopen it for now, but get better pics otherwise any decision you make will be fraught with you possibly wasting a lot of money on a pair of lemons.
    Regards,

Jerry

dak m40 ok or notdak m40 ok or notdak m40 ok or nothi thanks I do appreciate your concerns and for letting it stay on here but these are the only exterior pics I have and another couple of interior shots which I am posting and hope they will help although I can not expect a definitive answer on originality I just need to know if they stand a good chance. regards allan

Both look to be garbage to me, no grommets visible, replaced insignia, odd peak stiffener, liner stitching looks wrong etc.... and if the seller is asking anywhere near market prices for these then demand better pics, though if your selling lemons you often post cr#ppy pics especially if they are priced to sell.
    Regards,

Jerry

thanks again you have said enough for me not want them even if well below market price, I have very limited knowledge on these and am still learning. regards allan

Hi. personally for me, the interior lining is miss -matched , that should have the heaviest wear, not the out side!! I like the insignia but I think they are certainly post war added. Leon.