Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Danish HIPO cap

Article about: Hi, I came across this one . A Danish HIPO cap. I is missing its chinstrap. The center button at the front is marked with Seifert maker mark. Since there were no real regulations on these ca

Default Danish HIPO cap

Hi,
    I came across this one .
    A Danish HIPO cap. I is missing its chinstrap. The center button at the front is marked with Seifert maker mark.
    Since there were no real regulations on these cabs I guess many different manufactureres were used.
    It is definately not my area of collecting, so I dont have a clue if original or not !
    Any opinion on this subject apreciated :-)
    regards
    Marc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish HIPO cap   Danish HIPO cap  

Danish HIPO cap   Danish HIPO cap  

Danish HIPO cap   Danish HIPO cap  

Danish HIPO cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danish HIPO cap
    P
    Many

?

From what I can see in these pictures I think this is a post war cap - if you have it in your hands you can check the sweatshield (looks like plastic, not cellophane/celluloid), the peak - looks like plastic coated (insted of laquered), the brim of the peak (not oilcloth but plastic), the sweatband (the black material at its bottom which encloses the rattan (?) inlay seems to be plastic, too) and finally the tag - which seems to be glued in and the writing on it seems to have been made with a ball point pen. I'd say 1970ies. As always I can't comment on the badges, as I don't know a thing about them.

Compare this one: Danish Hipo Cap

to this one: Military Antiques and Museum - - DYU-0001 Postwar Danish Police Uniform Shirt and Visor Cap - $44.95