Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Algemeine SS Visor

Article about: this was one of my granddads most valuable posessions as it remembered him for better times as he was in the ss. i know my granddad had some fakes and some real things. but this was his most

Default Early Algemeine SS Visor

this was one of my granddads most valuable posessions as it remembered him for better times as he was in the ss. i know my granddad had some fakes and some real things. but this was his most favourite and he loved it. when i met my uncle this xmas he asked me if i still collect militaria as he still has some of the stuff of my granddad (or his father for him), and now today i got a parcel with this one in it and i remember the visor well and my granddad too of course. i dont care if it is real or not as it has a non money related personal value to me and i just like to know if this is a real one or a good repro.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Algemeine SS Visor   Early Algemeine SS Visor  

Early Algemeine SS Visor   Early Algemeine SS Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Algemeine SS Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Algemeine SS Visor

by the way no stamps or labels inside

so far i made a blacklight test and all is fine, someone here has any oppinion on this cap

Hi Klinger, further to your PM, I have taken a good look at the cap now. I am far from expert on these, but the more I look at it the more I think it is a Janke copy. My reasons for this are the leather peak and the thick piping to the crown.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Klinger, further to your PM, I have taken a good look at the cap now. I am far from expert on these, but the more I look at it the more I think it is a Janke copy. My reasons for this are the leather peak and the thick piping to the crown.

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks ade, i just lookt at some old photografs and found one photo dated from 1961 where the cap is in the shelf of my grandparents on display, was janke at this time activ in doing things, maybe some of the ss expert like fb or otheres have one or two oppinions too

and i just found an other cap whit leather peak in this thread
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...lection-29419/

As a contrast. I agree with Adrian, I am afraid. Sorry. Early Algemeine SS VisorEarly Algemeine SS VisorEarly Algemeine SS VisorEarly Algemeine SS VisorEarly Algemeine SS VisorEarly Algemeine SS Visor

Remember, dear readers, it is spelled "Allgemeine SS"Early Algemeine SS VisorEarly Algemeine SS VisorEarly Algemeine SS VisorEarly Algemeine SS Visor