Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early SS kepi, what do you think guys?

Article about: by gerrit Thx guys for the fine replies, and Ade it is infact a expensive hat, but not exactly 5 figures, thats why i asked the forum help. as far as i concerned it feels and looks very good

Default Re: Early SS kepi, what do you think guys?

I have always been told this was a fantasy maker.

Political stuff is not really my thing.

But I still think Janke.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS kepi, what do you think guys?
    P
    Many

All german caps on the books are original now ? lol

?

Hi guys,
    i.m.h.o. it is no fantasy maker, he's enlisted in the RZM lists as well.
    Rick's Hat Check Room
    A1/26 Otto Schlientz-Uniformenmützen, Straubing
    i've done my research and i've seen more pictures with the same inner colours, i was just hoping some of you guys perhaps owned one of these caps.
    I was hoping to get a serious and well based response here, not something sarcastic like: All german caps on the books are original now? LOL

i did not based my opinion on one book but on several.
    but perhaps all documents and books are wrong?

i hope to meet some one who's well into the early caps and has no prejusticed mind.

I would say Bob, F-B, and Adrian are the foremost experts in here on these items, and i take their word on items for Gospel.

I know what you mean on some peoples sarcasm, I have had it thrown at me , and i feel it to be very disrespectful, I think if you do not have an honest opinion, or knowledge, then leave out the BS, as it does nothing to help, and it usually turns into something unprofessional, and these forums are above that type of crap.

Brian

My only worry is that this item has a high price ticket. It will be in the region of 5 figures I expect? Better to walk away from a deal if you are unsure. I am unsure and if it were me, i would pass on it.

Thanks for the info on the makers name.

SS Kepis are very rare, few people own them.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    My only worry is that this item has a high price ticket. It will be in the region of 5 figures I expect? Better to walk away from a deal if you are unsure. I am unsure and if it were me, i would pass on it.

Thanks for the info on the makers name.

SS Kepis are very rare, few people own them.

Cheers, Ade.
    You're right on the Janke stuff, as i have came across so much of it in the past, and some of it was really nice, and could easily fool a lot of people..

Brian

?

Well said Brian, and i agree completely but far be it from me to defend comments, however there have been occassions where i and other members have quoted extracts from books that have purportedly been written by experts, only to find that the information given has not been fully corroborated and then to learn that the data being given was incorrect, i know this is a rarity but it does happen, whether it has happened in this case, i couldnt say but so far the experts opinions on this forum have i believe been proven as gospel, i think the problem lies with grammatical and geographical location, some of friends abroad will sometimes post comments that to them appears a comical quip and there is no intention of being disrespectful, but as we all know there are various forms of humour that sometimes do not go down well with others and it can be construed as condescending. I myself allow for this but i would not stand for outright mockery or insults and i must admit this forum is quick to react towards same, having said all that i would still like to know more about this kepi and await other informed opinions

Quote by davejb View Post
    Well said Brian, and i agree completely but far be it from me to defend comments, however there have been occassions where i and other members have quoted extracts from books that have purportedly been written by experts, only to find that the information given has not been fully corroborated and then to learn that the data being given was incorrect, i know this is a rarity but it does happen, whether it has happened in this case, i couldnt say but so far the experts opinions on this forum have i believe been proven as gospel, i think the problem lies with grammatical and geographical location, some of friends abroad will sometimes post comments that to them appears a comical quip and there is no intention of being disrespectful, but as we all know there are various forms of humour that sometimes do not go down well with others and it can be construed as condescending. I myself allow for this but i would not stand for outright mockery or insults and i must admit this forum is quick to react towards same, having said all that i would still like to know more about this kepi and await other informed opinions
    I agree, that's why i try to keep my personal opinions out, and yes i would love to know more about that Kepi, As it looks like an really early SS Brownshirt kepi.

Thanks
    Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I agree, that's why i try to keep my personal opinions out, and yes i would love to know more about that Kepi, As it looks like an really early SS Brownshirt kepi.

Thanks
    Brian
    I was thinking that also Brian, that it does look like an S.A. kepi, but it does have the older style death head, but then I'm no expert. so I just won't give my opinion when I am still a newb, but I do know a lot more than I did months ago, but not enough to prove anything, but what I have learned has been from members here.

?

Thx guys for the fine replies, and Ade it is infact a expensive hat, but not exactly 5 figures, thats why i asked the forum help.
    as far as i concerned it feels and looks very good.
    he has 5 more SS schirmmutzes, from the KZ to the Gibirgsjager type.
    His crusher type was great to, i hold and examened every one of them, none felt new, all were worn but in good to very good shape.
    They are taxed (the 5) at 25000 euro by 2 experts in the field ( big miltaria sellers) they are both eager to buy.

This SS kepi has worn on the visor, and it getting a bit thin on the front of the top, otherwise its great.
    I can ask him to make some pictures in daylight and i will repost them here for you all to have an even better look.

What also counts in his favour is the fact that he offered to make pictures and do some extra research on the internet and on some forums, he is convinced that it real.
    He is in no way pressuring me to buy either.
    Gave me all the time in the world.

i cant buy the others he sold them already, the collector who bought them pays him a montly fee.
    ( he only paid of the crusher.....but is not interested in pre warefare political stuff)

He had this kepi documented in 3 different SS & SA books, the colours and materials match, look at the way they connected the sweatband , with a string of what looks like wood.
    the cheeks of the kepi are filled on the inside.
    All i could hope for was one of you knowing this one........
    And i know things like this are hard to find but this guy owns a collection worth over 150000 euro's and he is retiring after 30 years of collection.
    Maybe im the lucky one?

I in no way want you to believe that im right but im looking for weak points in this Kepi, i cant find them yet.
    Thats where you kick in guys.........

BTW im very glad you all picked it up seriously, im not a humorless person, but i wanted to know the facts....why is it real or why is it fake....
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-24-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast