Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ebay fake of the week

Article about: The "BRD Poseur" is one of the most common fakes sold on Ebay. However, people are buying them, and one could (as pathetic as it sounds) make a living selling re-badged BRD caps as

DRK
    ?

Default Ebay fake of the week

"100% Original" "echt und Original aus der Zeit 1933 - 1945"

NO NO NO NO !!!!

Schirmmütze - Luftwaffe 2 WK 100 % Original | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ebay fake of the week
    P
    Many

Looking at his sales history he has sold a few Bundeswehr - NVA caps as being ww2 era before. But still he has een 100% feedback on Fleabay....

DRK
    ?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Looking at his sales history he has sold a few Bundeswehr - NVA caps as being ww2 era before. But still he has een 100% feedback on Fleabay....
    Unfortunately some ( new ) collectors don't know their stuff......
    I emailed the seller but he doesn't reply

Theo

?

That always gets me about ebay.. These kind of people that are dishonestly selling a lot of junk & fakes and yet have 100% positive feedback I am left scratching my head in bewilderment sometimes!

Here are a few images from the auction page. Better to post them in this matter when discussing an ebay listing as the link will expire in due time - rendering the thread useless and marked for deletion...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ebay fake of the week   Ebay fake of the week  

Ebay fake of the week   Ebay fake of the week  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

He sold this DDR Polizei Schirmmutze as being ww2 era too.
    Who would ever fall for that one?? Not only did 4 people bid on it, somebody ended up winning this "2 WK Schirmmutze" and gave him a 100% positive feedback! The seller did mention it was in very good condition; I bet it is for being a 2 euro badgeless DDR police cap from the 80's!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ebay fake of the week  

Caveat emptor on e bay................I don't see why people can't do basic research, with all the literature available in print and on the net it ain't rocket science.

There is a ww1 german officers infantry cap on English e bay right now that is very wrong but sold as original, it even has the celluloid in for officer kleiderklasse and is marked erel..............can't get a clearer red flag than tha yet someone is already £216 into the bidding.......

ouch .........

cheers

Tony

The same person selling the WW1 German cap is also selling this bugle - supposedly a memorial to a fallen member of the MGC. The cords appear to be modern aged, and the bugle carries no maker's marks. The MGC badge soldered to the front shows a bit too much crispness to the detail for my liking. You would expect something like this to have been lovingly polished over the years, and some of the sharp edge of the badge would have been lost as a consequence. On closer inspection of the picture the crown appears to be separated from the crossed guns.

Ebay fake of the weekEbay fake of the week

Quite a nice cap actually, if you are a BW collector like me ! If it stays under 10 euro a bargain even !
    As already stated, a BW Army visor, 1960's example for "Technische truppe" (Mid blue piping), sadly all to often these early BW visors are still being messed with, rare in their own right now.......this one could be turned back quite easily.
    Prost ! Steve.

There are so many details on this visor cap that clearly make it post war. The visor material, grey sweat band, liner, cloth color, chin cord and buttons. The Waffenfarbe looks like it doesn't know what it wants to be - transport or medical! Anybody know what this would have been originally on this cold war era cap? NH

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast